Drums, Drummers etc. (1 Viewer)

RED(tape)MENACE

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
Yo - thinking of buying a drum kit in the €800 or so range - Pearl export / forum, Tama Rockstar, that kind of thing. What's good and what's not in that kind of area?
Cheeeeers.

i ended up using different drums from different kits to record out new cd... it's been really rare for me to sit behind a kit and be happy with the sound of all the drums... if i had the money, i'd put a kit together from separates. so, in answer to your question...

LIGHTENING BOLT!!!!!!!

pearl and yamaha make pretty good drumkits for that price, and some sets will include cymbols and stands and stuff so you don't have to buy them seperately. (thing about this is, you'll probably get shit cymbols - powerbeat or something)

whether ye get Ludwig, Premier, Pearl, Yamaha, Tama, or Sonar, at €800 they're all pretty much around the same area. most kits around that price are made with pretty much the same parts...

if you get a pearl in a standard colour, ye can upgrade. talk to the lads downstairs in musicmaker, the kits in waltons are fairly crap. (apart from the electronic ones!)

might be a good idea to get a second hand kit for that price?

oh and get it in cherry red.... :D

Go for a second hand kit, stay away from the likes of Maxtone and other hockey brands. They're for beginners only and sound poxy. Mapex and Pacific are newish brands that are aimed at the intermediate market but are reasonably priced and generaly have really good specs. Are you looking for just the drums for €800 or do you want to get cymbols as well? If you see anything interesting, giz a shout and I can go with you and give it a look over.

!bing Or you can save up and buy my kit for €30,000.

If you want to get a really good kit and don't mind a wait and then some work you can order shells and hardware kits from a company in America and build the set yourself. They make the shells for alot of the bigger custom drum manufacturers in Yankee land. I'll try to find the website for you and I'll send it on.

GrRrrrR said:
Yo - thinking of buying a drum kit in the €800 or so range - Pearl export / forum, Tama Rockstar, that kind of thing. What's good and what's not in that kind of area?
Cheeeeers.
what you doin buying drums?? :confused:

I've had great success with these:

B000067838.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking if I do go 2nd hand, I'll probably get something in the €800 new range, but obviously for about €400 with any luck. There's a few Exports around that in the B&S at the minute so - hmmmmm.
Other thing is, the music shop in D'rogheda does a finance deal - list price over a year by the week, which is nice. Niiccceee.

GrRrrrR said:
Yeah, I'm thinking if I do go 2nd hand, I'll probably get something in the €800 new range, but obviously for about €400 with any luck. There's a few Exports around that in the B&S at the minute so - hmmmmm.
Other thing is, the music shop in D'rogheda does a finance deal - list price over a year by the week, which is nice. Niiccceee.
if i was you, i do this... are you talking about the place in dundalk? if not, you should check there too... they got some really nice kits up there... music maker will rip you off in anyways... try looing in B&S too.

Yeah, for example ...

Drum Kit. 5 pce Pearl Export Drum Kit with pedals, stands, cymbals(2) & sticks etc., also extra drums & parts, Price: €350 Contact: 021-4354675.

But what I REALLY want is this ...

Gretsch Drums. 13, 16, 22, 5.5 snare, 1970's vintage kit, champagne sparkle, le blond cases, Price: €1,500 Contact: 086-8267276.

And I don't really need cymbals / snare, since folks can bring their own.. but they'd be nice - so I can practice my Ulrich, y'know.

I think he means the cyclist.

please say you mean the cyclist.

rumour has it ntl might be getting eurosport back, albeit on the digital package. mmmmmm, le tour!

Latex lizzie said:
this is so like all the steerage guys!!! :D would yiz not all go for a beer instead..hha hahh.. :p

we communicate only through the medium of the guitar string and drum skin. maybe we really do need a vocalist. or a counsellor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back