• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Looking to put together some drum tracks to be recorded onto 4-track for guitar based demos and things. Planning on using Reason, just wondering if there's anything better? I remember the reason tom sounds being a bit shite. I hear that drumkit from hell thing is good, anyone used it?

If you want the kits to sound real dont use redrum.
Just use the NN-XT sampler in reason and play the parts on keyboard.
Slow the tempo way down and play it in.
Reason 3 comes with a few nice mulisampled kits for the NN-XT and you can download soundfonts for it too. I have some nice ones.
Its tedious but if you do it right you cannot tell the difference.
Good Luck!

RSJ said:
Looking to put together some drum tracks to be recorded onto 4-track for guitar based demos and things. Planning on using Reason, just wondering if there's anything better? I remember the reason tom sounds being a bit shite. I hear that drumkit from hell thing is good, anyone used it?

oh another thing to do is make sure the kit is set up so that Volume and filter respond to velocity.
Despite what people say the "human touch" is probably more todo with variety between the sound of hits.

If youre looking for something to do the work for u Groove agent is a VST and its ok.
Theres a few more virtual drummers around too.

MrT said:
Theres a few more virtual drummers around too.

Rick.jpg

I heard a demo of a programme called EZ Drummer the other day. It sound really good. If your still looking you should check it out. It can be used as a vst plugin aswell. Im tempted to get it but its pretty expensive (90stg). By any chance would anyone have a copy?

Yea it looks good too, same kind of thing and its made by the same people. unfortunatly its the same price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back