drum lessons please! (1 Viewer)

thanks chickpeas

does any one know of any drummers from bands who might want to give me a few lessons?

Latex lizzie said:
well placed for batterin'.So.
what's yer budget for this?

have you a kit?

dunno, what's the going rate for lessons?

i've buddies with drum kits so got access for practicing.

hey Lily, I've taken lessons from different folks over the years (in Dublin) and I have to say the best teacher out of all o them was Paul Cantwell whos co-director of the Irish Drum Academy in Temple Bar Music Centre. If you Goolge them they have a pretty informative website.

If your looking for something a little more informal and CHEAP!! I have some experience teaching. I also read drum music, which is a really good thing to learn to facilitate yourself if you go on to study drums seriously or with serious intent. I'm in a couple of bands playing mostly rock orinented stuff but Ive played rockabiliy, jazz and I've studied african/ cuban rhythms etc when I took lessons, which was years ago. I also have experience playing live. Ya see its easy enough to find a drum teacher when your beginning, but when you really want to improve from intermediate level its a real pain in the ass, as a result I'm looking into military drumming to concentrate on rudiments etc.

Anyway, if your interested in having a chat PM me or email me [email protected].

Best o luck otherwise!

Emily

Bejaysus. That's run by the two lads out of PAMF.
Yer man Paul was drumming at the recent 'You're A Star' charity thingum. He stood up at the end of the first night, forgetting that there was a pointy star from the set directly above his head. Rushed off in an ambulance, got stitches, back in the next morning, the trooper.
So in anyways... best o' luck with yer drum lessons.

Take a look at www.drummingweb.com. If you can get over the fact that the site is run by a Christian who's really into Zappa & King Crimson, there's loads of great lessons that won't cost you a cent. You'd probably be paying someone 25 euro an hour to teach you the same stuff. I think there's audio files on the site too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back