Drowned in Sound presents LOS CAMPESINOS!/NO AGE/TIMES NEW VIKING - Whelan's, Oct 17 (1 Viewer)

Urchin PR

Website
www.myspace.com
Drowned in Sound presents:
Shred Yr Face Tour 2008

Times New Viking, Los Campesinos!, No Age
Whelan’s, Oct 17
Tickets €15 from WAV, City Discs, Road Records, Ticketmaster, Tickets.ie

Prominent indie webzine Drowned in Sound bring their Shred Yr Face tour to Whelan’s on October 17 with three of the most exciting young bands in all of indie-land teaming up for the package tour of the year. The line-up features indie party-pop animals Los Campesinos!, skillful melodic noise architects No Age and blitzed lo-fi rockers Times New Viking.

No Age
Spiritual heirs to both Thurston Moore’s wide-eyed experimentalism and the all-encompassing, stark DIY art-is-life aesthetic of the Crass collective, No Age is the kind of band that inspires its audience without affectation, without cynicism. Dean Spunt (drummer/vocalist) and Randy Randall’s (guitarist) live shows are an exploration of possibilities: a guitar laid over a resonating drum head, effect loops woven together like beautiful harmonies, pop songs as performance art, a duo that sounds like the gale force of rock history delivered through a wind tunnel: “It's part of No Age's allure that Nouns is so difficult to figure out, that it manages to be so big while coming from a place so small. All you'll know for sure is that you want to listen longer. Maybe forever.” – Pitchfork, 9.5
www.myspace.com/nonoage

Times New Viking
Ohio’s six-legged shitgaze-scene field-leaders bust their way onto the bill with their senses-quaking pop-savvy noise. Responsible for this year’s Rip It Off LP, released by Matador, they’re much loved for their delightful dissonance, their enrapturing dramatics, and their killer choruses that dig themselves in deep and plague the consciousness. They’re like the itch you can’t quite reach to scratch: an immensely pleasurable irritation, of sorts. They’ve an EP, Stay Awake, prepped for October too
www.myspace.com/timesnewviking

Los Campesinos!
Already gearing up to release their second album in a single year – We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed is coming your way via Wichita on October 13, and is the follow-up to February’s Hold On Now, Youngster. Seven-piece indie-pop phenomenon Los Campesinos! are at times heart-breaking, at others hip-shaking, and always superbly entertaining - the eloquent youths’ boisterous live reputation has seen them play more festivals than you’ve had hot suppers, and their headlining role on this tour is well deserved. Work yourselves out to the supports, but ensure there’s tread on your dancing shoes for the night-climaxing fireworks.
www.myspace.com/loscampesinos

www.drownedinsound.com

Re: Drowned in Sound presents LOS CAMPESINOS!/NO AGE/TIMES NEW VIKING - Whelan's, Oct

Tomorrow night!

Re: Drowned in Sound presents LOS CAMPESINOS!/NO AGE/TIMES NEW VIKING - Whelan's, Oct

only a handful of tickets left for this

roughly

Times New Viking 8pm
NO Age 8.45pm
Los Campesinos 9.45pm

mahjongg will be playing upstairs around 10.45, anyone who wants to come up after 10.30 can get in for half price!

Jesus, I wish I had read this thread before going up to this gig. Travelled four hours on a bus from Galway. Headed up to Whelans for about 9pm. At my aghast No Age had already started. Two Songs in. Nearly went apeshit when they played Sleeper Hold, probably the song of the year. After they finished found out Times New Viking had played at 8. I just assumed them or No Age were headlining. When did Whelans start getting so punctual with time slots anyway?

I endured four songs of the Utter Pile of Excrement that was los camposinos. Twee, bubblegum factory-line overhyped British 'flavour of the month' shite that the music press have been trying to forcefeed us since about 1995. Probably. Could be '85. Meh. Why were they even on this bill? No sonic compatibility with the other two bands whatsoever.

I was fairly upset.

a big disappointment. stage times were ridiculous. having times new viking start their set at 8.00 made no sense. they played to a handful of people. there were so many people raging cos they were under the impression no age were headling so they missed the set. los campyqueers were such an anticlimax. let down gig of the year. boo

a big disappointment. stage times were ridiculous. having times new viking start their set at 8.00 made no sense. they played to a handful of people.

I thought tere was a deent crowd there for them. I arrived at 8:10. I didn't mind too much becasue as far as I was concerned there was only one really good band playing and they were on second.

I was incredibly pissed off, I missed TNV last time they played and I was really looking forward to seeing them. The poster was stupidly misleading, do you know if its the same poster for the tour and they've been swapping slots, its the only way that the poster makes sense. At least No Age were deadly, as were Mahjongg upstairs.

It's been the same order for all the gigs afaik..Los Campesinos! were always intended to be the headliners..

i am glad i didn't go... it would have only been for times new viking... no age are alright i suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back