• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 73
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 5
19oni-3.jpg

::clef:: if you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it::clef::

nutmeg?

I used to work saturday mornings in Tesco, and I was pretty much always a: still a bit drunk or b: hungover as hell. It was horrible, and the day used to drag so badly. I love being a student.

I've been going into work the last 4 months now every Saturday and Sunday morning hungover like hell. Its fuckin horrible. Never learn though. Got a telling of for it though a few weeks back so I''m gonnahave to keep it in check a bit

I worked in one company where our contracts actually stated that we were not permitted to consume any alcoholic beverages 'before or during working hours' :eek:

There were several debates about the word 'before'

Then the same company made their IPO and ordered us all to spend the day hanging out in the Reception drinking wine and champagne. We were worried it was some plot to get dirt on us all so that they'd be able to control us. Didn't stop us all getting tanked - we needed to steady our nerves you see.

I have to stay sober to work on account of the fact that the world would stop turning if I took my off things for even a second.

Me too, my job invloves such anal attention to detail that a small slip of the keyboard can result in disaster. Plus I find it hard enough to stay awake in the afternoons at the best of times, at 3pm my body tries to persuade me I actually live in a little sleepy Spanish town and it's time for my siesta.

I live in London, and I think the Brits are worse than us for drinking at lunchtime (or better!). In fact, drinking culture over here is pretty much the same, I don't know why Ireland's got the rep for being Europe's nation of alcos.

Friday Fact!

As the t-Rex evolved, it used its arms less and less. By the end of the cretaceous period, the arms would have been so week that a T-Rex could have been beaten in an arm wrestling match by a man of average build

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back