Drinking in work (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 73
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 5
once a month we have a 'fun friday' put on for us by management. they get in caterers who do a (shitty) dim sum spread, and heaps of bottles of crap wine.

but it's free, so we eat and by golly do we drink.

today was fun friday and im feeling all warm in me belly from the gross so-called wine.

I try to avoid conforming to English working class ideals.

8522.jpeg

i drink in "work" all the time and will be doing so again tonight.

i live in barcelona and everyone drinks with lunch. i thought it was mental at the beginning, but it's do-able. most neighbourhood restaurants include booze in the price of the lunch menu, no limits in fact, so you can quite easily find yourself drinking half a bottle of wine. a little woozy for the afternoon, but it's okay!

i live in barcelona and everyone drinks with lunch. i thought it was mental at the beginning, but it's do-able. most neighbourhood restaurants include booze in the price of the lunch menu, no limits in fact, so you can quite easily find yourself drinking half a bottle of wine. a little woozy for the afternoon, but it's okay!

i noticed this in Prague too and I ended up having beer with breakfast every day and not feeling pissed, or feeling like a pisshead

i noticed this in Prague too and I ended up having beer with breakfast every day and not feeling pissed, or feeling like a pisshead
whenever i hear "beer with breakfast" i think of cold lager in a bowl of rice krispies. i don't know why, because i've had beer/steak/eggs breakfasts on several occasions, so that's what i should associate the phrase with.

I did have a few pints once before going into Dunnes in the afternoon. Then I was using slicers and knives and stuff and I was terrified. But I was more terrified of the boss copping on to me.

I have to stay sober to work on account of the fact that the world would stop turning if I took my off things for even a second.

Very rarely.

If I did, it would be kept to one or two.
Otherwise I would be fit for nothing in the afternoon.

What about skinning up at work?

Rarely drank at work maybe one/two pints ever and they were either a saturday or late in the evening. Turned up to work still drunk a few times though.

Spliffs however are a different story. I spent a heluvalot of time stoned at work over the years in different jobs.

What about skinning up at work?
[/SIZE]

I used to do this in my first job a bit, sometimes I'd have a spliff on the way to the bus for work... Anyhow it's all fun and games till the phone starts ringing, then the fax machine goes off, then the printer is like making way too much noise, and some dude wants you to answer some questions about something and then the walls start closing in...

bascially one way ticket to "The Fear"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back