Driftwood Manor "Holy Ghost" EP out now on Rusted Rail... (1 Viewer)

rusted rail

Website
www.rustedrail.com
driftwoodcover.jpg

The Driftwood Manor
“Holy Ghost” EP
3” EP: RR23

Rusted Rail is proud to announce the release of the “Holy Ghost” EP by the Irish avant-folk project The Driftwood Manor. For this six- track extended player The Driftwood Manor (based around lynchpin Eddie Keenan) have crafted their own brand of apocalyptic appalachia. For “Holy Ghost”, Keenan worked with a number of long-time collaborators including co-producer Steve Fanagan to create an EP which takes on his fascination with the darker side of American folk and its relation to Irish traditional music. Although initially intended to be an incredibly stark record with little instrumentation, the songs took on new layers of skin over the course of the winter months during which it was recorded. After adding a plethora of instruments in Steve Fanagan's home studio, Keenan called in Bean Dolan (of Resurrection Fern), Fiddle player Neil Fitzgibbon and vocalist Anne Marie Hynes to add their own touch to proceedings. This 3” EP is housed in a hand-assembled and hand-stamped card sleeve, featuring a cover shot by labelmate Yawning Chasm.

The Driftwood Manor
“Holy Ghost” EP
1. After The Fall
2. Bury Me Alive
3. Gone Devil
4. I Would Lose You Still
5. Mountains Slowly Collapsing
6. The Devil is My Brother

Available via mail-order from www.rustedrail.com - and from select independent retailers.

:heart:.|..|!bing;)

clicky here - http://www.rustedrail.com/driftwood2.html

Six tracks squeezed onto this teenie weenie disc, all bursting with passion and mourning from Eddie Keenan who sings, plays guitars and bouzouki, and all very well too may I add. With tracks like 'Bury Me Alive', 'Gone Devil', 'I would Lose You Still' and 'The Devil Is My Brother'; it's apparent that this isn't one to rock a party. So instead get a decent single malt in, put those tired feet up and sip away to the sound of one man's inner-mind as he performs a classy selection of morbid folk/ blues. -Norman Records

Driftwood Manor are based around the songwriting talents of Eddie Keenan and backed on this release by Neil Fitzgibbon on fiddle, Anne Marie Hynes on additional vocals, Bean Dolan on double bass and Steve Fanagan on accordion and percussion. The influence of Appalachian folk is clear but Eddie's treatment of the form is similar to Alasdair Robert's response to Scottish traditional folk forms. Lovely - Boa Melody Bar

:heart:

So now we need something succinct, and it comes in the form of a six-track 3" CD by THE DRIFTWOOD MANOR, Holy Ghost (Rusted Rail). Heavy buzz and hum here is offset by full, sincere mandolin and banjo; there's some sparkling playing on this, with a particularly strong fiddle. It's a welcoming album but thankfully without an eager-to-please desperation. 'I Would Lose You Still' is the standout track for me, and it shows off this CD's accessibility without compromising on the originality. - Jeanette Leech, SHINDIG Magazine

driftwood1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back