Dragon's Den: RAAARWWRRR (1 Viewer)

Deadly. He was the coolest contestant ever!!!

The Wiki entry on Dragons Den is interesting. I was wondering why you never get to hear what happened to most of the deals:
"In September 2006, in an investigation by the Sunday Mirror newspaper, it was claimed that most of the deals were unfulfilled after the programmes were shot. The article claimed that the Dragons either pulled out of the deals over minor technicalities, deliberately offered heavily unfavourable terms to the entrepreneurs in an effort to make them withdraw, or simply broke off all contact with them after the recording. The UK Dragons defended their record, with Duncan Bannatyne saying: "We don't hand over money to people who don't tell the truth.", while Theo Paphitis added: "I kept up my end of the bargain. The show is not about a cash prize, it is about us pledging to invest. But people must tell the truth. Simple." A BBC spokesman said: "After the initial agreement is made on camera, both parties enter a period of due diligence. Sometimes during this period the deals fall through."[3] In fact, the BBC has never made a secret of this, with follow-up programmes openly admitting that many deals ultimately fell through."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons'_Den

"A good heart these days is hard to find..."

intheden_richard.jpg
feargal210.jpg

anyone catch the new season last night?
i loved the pillow that you stick on a window, all the dragons hated it. how about that band hamfatter looking for 100 grand to record an album, all the dragons outbidding each other to get them.

didn't see it! didn't even know it was on - Hamfatter has been a running joke around our house for the last couple of weeks.

saw an interview with peter jones where he says his favourite band is Hamfatter! so they were on the show?? amazing...is this repeated on bbc3 or 4 or 5 or radio 5 live or anything?

This show makes me want to throw stuff at the TV
I hate it so much
Gang of arseholes conspiring to rob hardworking people of their ideas.
The never ever compete with each other. There is no way no matter how much any of them want a deal that they will ever drop the equity required.
It's like the lone outsider playing poker with 5 brothers and expecting to win.
And that's befor the sneering.
Fucking pricks.

This show makes me want to throw stuff at the TV
I hate it so much
Gang of arseholes conspiring to rob hardworking people of their ideas.
The never ever compete with each other. There is no way no matter how much any of them want a deal that they will ever drop the equity required.
It's like the lone outsider playing poker with 5 brothers and expecting to win.
And that's befor the sneering.
Fucking pricks.

couldn't disagree with you more. the dragons arent "robbing" people's ideas, they're investing in their buisness. giving them much needed cash to start up and getting a cut of the profits. most businesses start like this, from investors money. and they never compete with each other??? do you watch the show at all? they are always undercutting each other, in fact they're quite competitive about it. sure they can be right pricks, it's how they got where they are.

and most of the people going in there are pissing themselves about whether they retain 70% of nothing or 60% of nothing

it's not like they could afford that kind of consultancy. i've seen a few products in shops that i saw on dragons den...some gammy dolls for birds that were in topshop. anyone tried the new reggae reggae subway?

the best dragons den was the 'continental driving glove' which you wore on a particular hand to remind you of what side of the road to drive on when you're away. mind bending

last night some eejit couple had a bedsheet with a line drawn down the middle so spouses know when they cross into the others half, just a bedsheet with a line drawn in it!!

couldn't disagree with you more. the dragons arent "robbing" people's ideas, they're investing in their buisness. giving them much needed cash to start up and getting a cut of the profits. most businesses start like this, from investors money. and they never compete with each other??? do you watch the show at all? they are always undercutting each other, in fact they're quite competitive about it. sure they can be right pricks, it's how they got where they are.

They slagg each other a bit and enter competitve bids but in all the time I have seen it they have never once meaningfully reduced the stake they have requested to win a bid.

Duncan Bannatyne NEVER invests or makes offers anymore. "...and for that reason - i'm out."

Despite the lack of disastrous pitches this series its still good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back