Dr Feelgood: Oil City Confidential (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
http://www.myvue.ie/cinemas/film_info_detail.asp?SessionID=&cn=1&ci=60&ln=1&fi=9935

http://alternative.artsalliancemedia.com/oilcity/

A groundbreaking UK-wide live red carpet cinema event for 'Oil City Confidential', Julien Temple's latest music documentary in his trilogy on British music in the 1970s.

This unique film and music happening, staged at Koko in London’s Camden, beamed live to cinemas across the UK will feature an introduction from the film’s director Julien Temple and MC Keith Allen, a live set from Wilko Johnson and his band (featuring Blockheads Norman Watt Roy and Dylan Howe) with special guest Alison Moyet alongside the first public showing of ‘Oil City Confidential’.

Temple's ('The Filth & The Fury', 'The Future is Unwritten') film noir feature documentary tells the story of Dr Feelgood - four men in cheap suits who crashed out of Canvey Island, Essex in the early '70s and paved the way for punk rock. Having taken London by storm, they sped through Europe and conquered the UK with number one chart success, before imploding just as punk was born and America beckoned with open arms.

The story of Canvey Island, 1970s England and the greatest local band in the world.

theres a movie out as well about the early days of the runaways- always liked them since hearign them on that new wave comp with the dead boys etc on it back in the day

theres a movie out as well about the early days of the runaways- always liked them since hearign them on that new wave comp with the dead boys etc on it back in the day
The Runaways one's not out yet,I don't think. Not sure how good the movie will be though,usually I find movie tend to be a bit rubbish when the topic is a band.

looking forward to downloading this later and watching it with manky eyes in the morning!!!!WHAT A BAND!!

This documentary, followed by a live concert that also includes Ian Dury and the Blockheads followed by the Stiff records documentary

my night is sorted

If I was'nt for once going mental outdoors I'd be all over this shit.(If I had bbc4)

Julien Temple hasn't changed his style much since the Swindle, I do quite like it I've got to admit though, this film is very well done.

I've really enjoyed this Ian Dury gig, I feel like hunting down his album now, Dr Feelgood didn't do anything for me at all....at all.

New Boots and Panties- a great album- get it
001yqpf1

I thought the documentary was great. Wilko is a star

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back