Does anyone here own a Fender Rhodes? (1 Viewer)

They used to have one in a place I worked in and I got to play it all the time.
Such a great instrument. Wish I owned one.

Apparently they can be quite cheap on ebay.com, but shipping from the US is a beeeyatch because they're really really heavy.

A guy I know got one for about 100 quid a number of years ago from the Buy and Sell. The advert said "music keyboard for sale" - which he always took as the person not knowing what they had, and it could be anything - so always rang just in case. Come to think of it, I think he'd gotten a mellotron in this way this too.

there was one on the rednecks room for a while i recall. no idea who owned it though.

A guy I know got one for about 100 quid a number of years ago from the Buy and Sell. The advert said "music keyboard for sale" - which he always took as the person not knowing what they had, and it could be anything - so always rang just in case. Come to think of it, I think he'd gotten a mellotron in this way this too.

back in my college going days, studio tech kept his in the studio
loved it to bits. he got it from some old bog church or something
for 50 pounds. said he used to go around old parishes seeing what
gear they had and if they'd flog it.

I've only ever played one once, in a music shop in New York before I got stared out of the place. Just the sweetest sound! They seem to cost about 700 pounds in England, which is probably doable but fucking mare getting it home.

Just the e-magic plug in

I've got that too - it's descent.

Anyone ever play one of these: It's goes an extra octave lower than a standard rhodes giving the low end range of a grand piano. Apparently.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

we used to have a wurly and rhodes in the studio i worked in. real sweet. tremelo was amazing. saw some amazing players play em too.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back