Do you listen to the radio much? (1 Viewer)

Newstalk seems to be 30% sport and about 30% uncontrolled ranting. Ger Gilroy couldn't sound less interested in doing that morning show, and only seems to perk up a little when he's talking about sport, which is fine because that's about 99.9999% of the show.

There are a few times a day when it seems there is no way to avoid sports broadcasts or sports news. You'd think a smart programme director would realise that this is precisely the time to provide some sort of antidote that would draw in those who were looking for Anything But Sport.

0000804f0b4.jpg

Off The Ball rocks, and they do indeed bring in knowledgeable people all the time (along with some bores like Giles (solo) and Paul McGrath). They also have an eye for things that happen away from the mainstream sports coverage in this country. Enjoyable show.

Talking History is super.

I like Ryan Tubridy's show, especially when they talk about books. It's the kind of easy going introduction to reading that I think would encourage non-habitual readers to give a few books a go.

I don't purposely listen to any particular music show. If I want to listen to music, I'll put on the iPod, in the main.

I don't like the evening news shows like The Right Hook or the Matt Copper one. Very dull, mostly, with irritating presenters. RTE1 is by far the best at this but I can do without listening to ministers saying nothing much on 3 different channels, one after the other.

Im addicted to newstalk. Fucking love it, gives me a talking point with auld people.

Every time I accidently find a local suburban Dublin radio station, there's always a metal show on.

Which is great

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back