Do you hate Irish radio? (1 Viewer)

I've always loved talk radio, but lately I'm just sick of political bullshit & water charges, ect....so I'm listening to TXFM a lot. It's grand. I ilke Nova as well but I don't want to just hear classic rock all day. Not ready to give up just yet.

The Joe Duffy show has spent the last hour finding various ways to the say the same thing in praise of the Barry's Tea "buying a train set" advert

The Joe Duffy show has spent the last hour finding various ways to the say the same thing in praise of the Barry's Tea "buying a train set" advert

I hate ads, but that one gets me.

They spent way too long on that segment though. Advertising is not something that deserves so much praise. Their job is to tell lies.

I couldn't believe it just kept going on and on.

Maybe something else fell through and they just dragged the arse out of it to fill time

The ad is quite nice in fairness

She was the greatest Irish woman in history. There should be a national holiday in her honour!

sorry...still caught up in Liveline hsyteria

It's a radio ad full of misty eyed nostalgia and sentiment

and contains the phrase "doesn't that beat Banagher"

I only saw this ad for the first time the other day in the cinema

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was absolutely flabbergasted by it. "A man will never run."

Perfume ads are the worst

Yeah but normally they're just abstract nonsense or poorly read fairly-tales. The obnoxious macho-ness of this one is unbelievable. It's just short of pick up artist - I believe alpha males are a real, definable thing in humans - language.

"In the morning, I splash it on to feel mainly"

hqdefault.jpg

I hate ads, but that one gets me.

They spent way too long on that segment though. Advertising is not something that deserves so much praise. Their job is to tell lies.

Yes! Apparently it's a wonderful achievement to persuade lots of people that they should buy expensive mineral water in plastic bottles, instead of demanding good quality drinking water out of taps.

Joe being his usual tetchy self when talking to people who have the cheek to stage a protest.

A man who has worked for Aer Lingus for @30 years is going to lose 50% of his pension is apparently out of order for protesting outside a minister's house.

This fucking country..shout all you want but don't upset the poor minister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back