do us a favour (1 Viewer)

I am not registered but I would've voted NO in the 1st Ref last year, this year and while I hate agreeing with the main stream parties I would've voted YES, more safeguards added and tbh what happened to Iceland proves that we def have to stay inside Europe.

I am not registered but I would've voted NO in the 1st Ref last year, this year and while I hate agreeing with the main stream parties I would've voted YES, more safeguards added and tbh what happened to Iceland proves that we def have to stay inside Europe.

They'd never let what happened to Iceland happen to us, they've got to protect the Euro.

voting No would not have resulted in us leaving the EU

anyway-it's a moot point now

I meant to say on Europe's good side.
Let's be honest when money is doled out for projects we def would have being ignored more if we had have voted No.

I think you're right. I think that's "the gun to the head" that made everyone vote yes this time

I think it makes us look cowardly and needy

which we are i suppose

I think you're right. I think that's "the gun to the head" that made everyone vote yes this time

I think it makes us look cowardly and needy

which we are i suppose

I guess it will take the Czech's, the Polish or the Tories to do what the Irish did democratically the first time. What's the world coming to when you gotta rely on the fucking Tories to uphold the original democratic vote of the Irish.

If not, then President Blair is sure to do a great job.......again.

PS... Good on Donegal!

People who vote No are mental. There are actually no good arguments to vote no, with the one exception that the vote was already taken and it was no. That's the single decent reason to vote no.
Of course the irony to that is, if you vote no the second time, then you are only legitimizing the fact that they are holding the vote a second time. Far better if everyone who voted no and still wished to do so didn't vote at all. The politicians will seize any result as proof that they were right to vote again, but if the turnouts for no votes were non-existant, and there was a near 100% yes vote as a result with a miniscule turnout, then there could be no argument over how ridiculous and foolish they would look.
Far better to see that than the yes vote that everyone knew was going to happen anyway.
You can't complain about the sham of a democratic system that is in place, and then keep taking part in it.

was talking to my dad there yesterday, he was saying he voted for it grudgingly because of the keeping in with europe/economic bollox

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back