DJs wanted for Phizzfest 2011 - Charity Shop Soundz (1 Viewer)

mooeamonn

Hi folks
I'm involved with Phizzfest 2011 - http://www.phizzfest.ie - a community arts festival that takes place from Sep 8th-11th (Thu to Sun) in......Phibsborough. This is only the second year it's happened and we've got a mixture of music/theatre/arts/readings/outdoors/family stuff. It's nearly all free and was a good buzz last year. Just to give you an idea of the variety of stuff here's an account of a talk organsied by Tommy Graham of History ireland titled "Punks or Poseurs" that took place in front of Phibsborough library - http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/2...punks-or-posers-history-ireland-hedge-school/

This year one of the things we want to do is to have djs play in Phibsborough's 5 or 6 charity shops on Sat afternoon (Sep 10th). The idea would be to get 5/6 djs, get them into the shops to start playing at 3 pm or so and get them to swop over every hour (so noone gets too bored of being in the same place - some of the shops are small) and to play until the shops close at 6. The shops are up for it and while we can't pay anyone I think we'll be able to arrange for pints and food in the Porterhouse North or some other pub afterwards. The only catch is we need the djs to work off their laptops + speakers or other small portable setup. All we can guarantee is some counter space, a stool and electricity! It'll be advertised as part of Phizzfest (flyers and programmes to go out in the preceeding weeks) but I imagine most of the time it will be bemused punters going WTF as they wander into the shops. Bonus pints for anyone who manages to make something tolerable out of some of the cds in the shops themselves. All musical styles appreciated.

If you've any questions/comments or are interested stick a reply on below or PM me.
Thanks
Eamonn

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back