DJs, Musicians and Visual dudes (5 Viewers)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Front End Synthetics are looking for heads from both outside and inside our own circle of mates to perform at Underarm, our weekly club in Mischief.
We need DJs every week, live performers every couple of weeks and visuals whenever.
Like Fakearms last year, this aint exclusive to electronica music......
PM me if yisser interested.
Lots of love
Your Local Friendly Electronica Label

Some of us guys's from Del9 are djing at this tomorrow so please come down. If anyone got the FES mailout saying that we'd be screening our Frameworks short STARS, that won't now be going ahead now. We may rustle up some other visuals, but come down for th' tunes man. Oh and I think they serve booze there too.

Bag'o'cans said:
may i go on a well meant constructive criticism of "visuals"?

please do.

i was at a so called visuals festival in london this weekend. most of the visual made me physically ill. some were good though.

and the barman seemed to slyly give me triples instead of doubles :confused:

Zeelander said:
Aoife, I could like make yiz some curtains or hats or something...?
you could dj! it's all a scam, you just play records! just make sure you hold the headphones up to one ear and do the spinny thing with the decks every few minutes and have a 'don't disturb me, i'm concentrating' face on ya, and everyone's all 'oooooooh, impressive' and 'mmm, i know this one'.

broken arm said:
please do.
here i go, I find the whole concept of "visuals" quite frustrating. In college i loved timing animation, shapes, colours blah blah to a piece of musics beat and mood, now every joe soap is cutting up bits of "cool" films and making stuff in winamp (it generates itself!) thinking they're artistic genius video artists and all there friends go wow. Unless it's mere mood your looking for from a lava lamp projector or a disco ball how can visuals accompany music without both upsetting eachother unless it's colaborated and timed to the music and its mood.

Like someone said previously, think it was mondobrutale, about a gig where they played koyanisquatsi to their own music, it makes no sense!

sorry, maybe i'm just bitter cos i'm lazy and not out there doing it, maybe it's unfortunate luck alot of the visuals i've seen were just plain shit, i don't know what your setup is, it's not a potshot at anyone.
What's the criteria when somebody is doing visuals for these?

Bag'o'cans said:
here i go, I find the whole concept of "visuals" quite frustrating. In college i loved timing animation, shapes, colours blah blah to a piece of musics beat and mood, now every joe soap is cutting up bits of "cool" films and making stuff in winamp (it generates itself!) thinking they're artistic genius video artists and all there friends go wow. Unless it's mere mood your looking for from a lava lamp projector or a disco ball how can visuals accompany music without both upsetting eachother unless it's colaborated and timed to the music and its mood.

Like someone said previously, think it was mondobrutale, about a gig where they played koyanisquatsi to their own music, it makes no sense!

sorry, maybe i'm just bitter cos i'm lazy and not out there doing it, maybe it's unfortunate luck alot of the visuals i've seen were just plain shit, i don't know what your setup is, it's not a potshot at anyone.
What's the criteria when somebody is doing visuals for these?

it's the same as music.

lamenting the visual culture of ireland

maybe i've come across to purist, it's way to much time and effort to collaborate on everything, well, it's nigh imposssible, i don't hold it against a small regular event in a pub to put on visuals, i should be more supportive, but i think a lava lamp projector or some christmas lights would do ten times the job of some peoples efforts. I think whats actually getting my goat was a friend with no visual awareness recently telling me about their plans to cut up some bits of films for a festivals "visuals", ahh, i think this self help therapy session has found the roots of my problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back