DIY Guitar Messing About (6 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 56K
  • Watchers 4
Video or it didn’t happen. Badly played blues/garagey shite on the recently finished guitar. I’m liking this one the more I play it I have to say.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i'd be tempted to burn that! in a good way.

interesting to note that gear4music have a filter on their pickups page for number of strings, but there's no 4 string option, and thomann don't have a filter at all; i guess the only pickups they sell for 4 string are for basses.

i'd be tempted to burn that! in a good way.

interesting to note that gear4music have a filter on their pickups page for number of strings, but there's no 4 string option, and thomann don't have a filter at all; i guess the only pickups they sell for 4 string are for basses.
Yeah - you can get 4 string/4 pole pickups of uncertain quality, mainly sold as Ukelele or cigar box pickups. You’d have to look at ebay/ali etc -I’ve seen some that look decent enough, but not from the very small number of sellers I’d trust.

You could take precession bass pickup and use it as 2 separate pickups, I’ve seen that done but not tried it myself.

This guitar has ‘normal’ string spacing, so while it looks a little off a normal pickup works perfectly. For anything with a wider spread or more strings I use a blade strat or firebird type which hasn’t polepieces (or at least has a blade and pole pieces)

Re my burning comment.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interesting - it’s so full of resin it would probably explode though! My ‘client’ wants a kinda walnut finish, tinted button shellac

IMG_7445.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back