DIY Guitar Messing About (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 50K
  • Watchers 4
i know a couple of lads from the woodturning chapter with missing digits.
the last timei heard of such an injury involved someone using a pillar drill on a cold day, so he was wearing gloves, which is a no-no.

I'd love one of these.
I'd probably be minus a thumb within 24hrs

If you ever get one, there are slightly more expensive than entry level ones that are on wheels or a folding stand. I wish i'd gotten one of these as it tends to sit in the corner as a table for weeks at a time and then be used for 3-4 hours processing big batches of stuff.

At the minute i'm turning a load of pallets into bootlegs of ikea boxes, cutting enough for 7-8 of them per session. then it'll be a month of assembling before i look at it again.

1646824210946.png

latest thing was this waste and recycling bin. I'd only 165mm in depth to work with to make it fit in the kitchen hence not just buying a bin like a normal person. the left fits regular bin bags, the right hand side is a box that slides out for recyclables. the photo is one pic before the final paint coat. there will be a lid at some point.

IMG_20220127_111029.jpg IMG_20220204_094451.jpg

Clamps are an absolute essential to any shed endeavours

Guitar is finally alive & playable, but a lot of setting up to do (including getting the nut right).
The bridge came with the wrong width saddles, so I had a minor heart attack on Sunday night when I thought I had made a balls of the allignment of the whole thing. Luckily I had another bridge with saddles of the correct width I could cannibalise

View attachment 15515
set up and playing.
for the pickup nerds amongst you - the pickups are a slightly worn set of these I got in a trade.

They sound AWESOME. I go so far as to say they are the nicest 'rawk' orientated pickups I've encountered.

video demo please
No one needs to see a video of me playing guitar. Here’s a review from the very chap who I got them from, nice guy (these are the very pickups obviously)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back