Distro shopping mall (1 Viewer)

mc moley said:
everyone brings their own distro to this? or did willie n natalia get shit loads in or something?

the idea is that people bring their own distros and set up a stall and everyone can check out the different distro's etc...
i think there will also be food and beverages on sale too...
and as far as i know they are planning on doing it every month..

hopefully it will encourage people to start up new distro's and/or improve on what they've got!!

swingkid said:
the idea is that people bring their own distros and set up a stall and everyone can check out the different distro's etc...

hopefully it will encourage people to start up new distro's and/or improve on what they've got!!

i guess you should email them at [email protected] just to say you wanna set something up or whatever...

swingkid said:

Doing it every month!
Sounds real good - Distros are the way to go, especially for us here down the counrtry.
Limericks last & only record store closed down recently(Blackspot) - now we`ve nought places to by records and stuff...

Rimbaud said:
Doing it every month!
Sounds real good - Distros are the way to go, especially for us here down the counrtry.
Limericks last & only record store closed down recently(Blackspot) - now we`ve nought places to by records and stuff...
"buy records and stuff..."

yea..its all bout the music and nought about the spelling.

mc moley said:
What did everyone think of it? i thought it was pretty good. good buzz,nice food and strong coffee. what more could ya want.:)
I thought it was really good.Mainly cos I finally sold stuff (and if you missed the "5 seven inches for a tenner" deal at the end, then tough shit).But there was a really nice atmosphere.
I was particularly amazed at how Lyncher managed to sell stuff without ever being at his stall.I was really chuffed with the barter system buzz that was going on as well (traded records with Rob and zines with Kylie). Highlight of the day for me though had to be Dave Lacey telling me the best Japanese hardcore lyric ever:
"Justice is like dick's hair on toilet seat!".
Kudos to the piano-playing lady as well, it was nice to see someone make use of the piano in the gaff everytime i went out to the kitchen.
And of course, Nooly's cookies were fucking worth the trip up there alone.

Re: cookies

nooly said:
cool......i'm a domestic goddess
I didn't get any cookies :( .
It was a great day though. Plenty of good stuff if you were in the mood for shopping and the food was lovely.

i was impressed. food was good, stalls were good and it was real chilled out. it also rounded off the weekend nicely for my record purchasing binge. more of the same please.

Yeah, it was fucking cool (even if we sold fuck-all). I reckon it'd be cool if next time, and maybe subsequent times, if loadsa people just all brought records they have to sell or trade, stuff they don't want anymore or else would be willing to put up to trade for something else if they think its a good deal. There could be a number of smaller tables for that or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back