Dirty 3. Wednesday December 9 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 47
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 5
The Dirty 3 were in powerful form at ATP this weekend.

Also Josh T Pearson was playing with "Andy the Boy" Young from Lift to Experience so that makes it 2/3s of LTE. Sounded great

The Dirty 3 were in powerful form at ATP this weekend.

Also Josh T Pearson was playing with "Andy the Boy" Young from Lift to Experience so that makes it 2/3s of LTE. Sounded great

Any LTE songs played?

Seems like Josh must be finally getting around to releasing an album, geansai load of new songs up on his myspace (saying that they mightn't be that new, first time checking his page in ages)

http://www.myspace.com/joshtpearson

this was pretty awesome (as expected)

but it were josh t. that really sealed the night for me with those songs... unfortunately, the fucker didn't have any music on sale... is there ANYwhere i can get one of his gig only solo albums / cdr's?

That's the first gig I've left early in years. Not that they were anything short of amazing. Just that I'm off to Minehead this morning to see them again and I couldn't afford a taxi. Damn late gigs. Whelans is a nightmare when it's packed. They really need to widen the passage from the stage to the toilet/bar. That tiny set of steps is a death hazard.

That's the first gig I've left early in years. Not that they were anything short of amazing. Just that I'm off to Minehead this morning to see them again and I couldn't afford a taxi. Damn late gigs. Whelans is a nightmare when it's packed. They really need to widen the passage from the stage to the toilet/bar. That tiny set of steps is a death hazard.

they let way too many people in. I've been at sold out gigs in Whelans before that weren't nearly as full as that. I presume they just kept taking money at the door?

Great gig, but very uncomfortable with the overcrowding and that. Lots started leaving towards the end - I presume just before they passed out. It was deadly once there was a small bit of space.

This new late gig trend is pretty annoying. That aside, last night was one of the best gigs I've been too. Maybe even beat The Jesus Lizard.

This new late gig trend is pretty annoying

I was only thinking the very opposite the other day.
I think it's brilliant.
Headliners starting at 8.30 is a pain in the balls.
Recently i've got to make Jay Reatard, Woods and Dosh gigs after coming from a practice because someone's texted me to say they're not on yet.

Very excited to see Dirty Three this weekend, i've only seen them once before

how was this a late gig?

they came on before 10 and finished just after half 11, that seems perfectly normal to me.

When you live in the burbs and the last bus leaves at 23:30 from Abbey Street and there's no nitelinks so it's a choice of stay till the end and pay €20+ on a taxi or leave early.

I drove in though so I was perfectly happy the more the gig went on .|..|

savage gig, one of the best in a long time. he knows how to introduce a song does warren. and he was loving the mouthy red lass up on the balcony...some serious chemistry goin on there!

it finished at 11.45... that's late enough... says i

anyone point me to a copy of "to hull and back" by pearson?

i see him as a sort of Faginesque character, training these street urchins in the dark arts
1249threeWeb.jpg

that was one of the best gigs ive been to in aaages! the tickets were pretty expensve but definitly worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back