dirty 3 (nov 12) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 81
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 7
I thought this was allllrite. I feel asleep for the first half, which was deadly.

P. Littbarski said:
good band + wrong venue = mediocre gig.

that about sums it up for me.... it's a shit venue.

and Josh Pearson was boring...very boring. although his beard made up for it.

Jim White is an amazing drummer.
Aye, I really enjoyed the gig but it seemed like they were just going through the motions. Amazing watching Jim White and Mick Turner up-close. Best thing about the gig was watching the expressions on White's face when Warren Ellis would start on another rant.

P. Littbarski said:
good band + wrong venue = mediocre gig.

that about sums it up for me.... it's a shit venue.

and Josh Pearson was boring...very boring. although his beard made up for it.

Jim White is an amazing drummer.

yea but i've seen some great gigs there though; the melvins, melt banana, rednecks.don't think it suits a band like the dirty3 though.
the crowd were the most annoying thing about it if you ask me.it might've been better in vicar st or something,not many other venues of comparable size,but you would've paid about a tenner extra for the privelege.
Jim White is so fuckin good,shoulda been turned up a bit

i was on the balcony beside the bar and the constant talking really started getting on my nerves towards the end.

i enjoyed it overall though. to the extent that i went home after the gig and whipped out the fiddle to try and pull off some licks.

potlatch said:
Aye, I really enjoyed the gig but it seemed like they were just going through the motions. Amazing watching Jim White and Mick Turner up-close. Best thing about the gig was watching the expressions on White's face when Warren Ellis would start on another rant.

I think they really hit their stride for the last few numbers, it's funny watching how Mick counts them in tot his bit, counts them into the next section, picks it all back up when it falls apart... man is an underratted gem...

I would pay money justy to watch Jim White drum alone, it's really something amazing to see...

Pantone247 said:
I think they really hit their stride for the last few numbers, it's funny watching how Mick counts them in tot his bit, counts them into the next section, picks it all back up when it falls apart... man is an underratted gem...

I would pay money justy to watch Jim White drum alone, it's really something amazing to see...
i spent the last half of the gig pretty much standin above jim watching him. great stuff.

seperated at birth ?

mick turner of the dirty three

mika15.jpg

mika hakkinen..formula one star and painter

impulse_wideweb__430x266.jpg

Pantone247 said:

Ah, Micko is the unsung hero of the band. One of me favourite guitarists EVA!

potlatch said:
Ah, Micko is the unsung hero of the band. One of me favourite guitarists EVA!

He really is (in a way) the rhythm section of the bands. The other two go off on tangents and he holds it together.

.. and he does lovely paintings.

What are you saying man, I totally love going on threads confirming my former - four year old opinion - of not liking a band in technicolor wonder. It's something of a hobby. Just yesterday I have four notifications of four posts on four different fora about four different bands that I have four distinct dislikes of.

Saw D3 in Galway, in a tent, with the rain falling outside, supporting or being supported by the Frames... about five/eight years ago. Can't remember. Don't want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back