Dinosaur Jr (1 Viewer)

totally amazing show. little fury things, no bones, in a jar freak scene etc etc etc. all deadly. ambassador bar = fuckin nightmare.

Divil A Bit said:
The gig was totally as expected. No onstage banter. REALLY loud. All the early stuff.

I was disappointed really. I know they're warming up for the London 'You're living all over me' performance but for me Bug is their best album and I love loadsa stuff from the post-Barlow band albums. The wagon is such a great tune as is Out there and Start Choppin' IMHO. Why stop at the Barlow point? They're called Dinosaur Jr...not Dinosaur

Gotcha.
:D

hugh said:
Thought this was deadly.

They played virtually all of YLAOM. You can't get better than that. Sound was a bit dodgy near the front but sounded amazing down the back. Weird ...

Pat, I always knew you were crazy but now it's confirmed! No-one wants to hear post-Bug stuff!! I dont even really want to hear stuff from Bug .....

Actually it takes seeing them to appreciate how many of their great songs are ones that Barlow sings (and I presume wrote too??).

Way better than I thought it would be.

What makes the band is the tangible animosity between Barlow and J. At one point I thought Lou was gonna walk offstage. Loved it. Gonna grow my grey hair like J's...make ye all jealous. Playing a wee gig tonight in Pravda if anyone's about. 10.30 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back