Dinosaur Jr (2 Viewers)

here im going to this on my own because everyone's lame or going to see them in london (gareth yuou preek) so if you see me smoking outside on my own be friendly yknow? thanks like

Anthony said:
Just Like Heaven is cool for a b-side thing but a waste of time at a gig. I hope they don't play it tonight.

Dude, Just like Heaven was an A-side...

spiritualtramp said:
[size=+1]Setlists from recent gigs -

08/22/05 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom[/size]
other bands: Alaska! & Love as Laughter [size=+1]SOUNDCHECK: Lose / Kracked (possibly others)[/size] [size=+1]SETLIST: Severed Lips / Raisans / Yeah We Know / Little Fury Things / Forget the Swan / Kracked / In a Jar / Gargoyle / Bulbs of Passion / Mountain Man / The Lung / Sludgefeast[/size] [size=+1]ENCORE: Just Like Heaven / Freak Scene[/size] [size=+1]ENCORE: Don't[/size] [size=+1]

08/25/05 Brussells, Belgium Ancienne Belgique[/size] [size=+1]SETLIST: Quest / Raisans / Yeah We Know / In a Jar / Bulbs of Passion / Gargoyle / Kracked / Little Fury Things / Forget the Swan / Budge / The Lung / Sludgefeast[/size] [size=+1]ENCORE: Just Like Heaven / Freak Scene[/size] [size=+1]ENCORE: Tarpit / Chunks[/size] [size=+1]

08/26/05 Köln, Germany Monsters of Spex Festival[/size] [size=+1]SETLIST: Chunks / Gargoyle / Raisans / Bulbs of Passion / Little Fury Things / Budge / Forget the Swan / In a Jar / Kracked / Sludgefeast / Just Like Heaven / Freak Scene[/size]

So it's safe to assume that we're definitely gonna hear In a Jar. Ace.

it was also VERY SHIT IN SOUND
i expected nothing less from the ambassador and J Mascis solos absolutely ruled the world but i could barely hear Lou Barlow from the left hand side of the venue,

not angry i went but 33euro was a joke

MalachiConstant said:
1 hour and 15 minutes of noise.
No Hits
€32
Fuck Them

Hits? T'was very loud alright. I put wet tissue in my ear as make shift earplugs. Now I've got some of it lodged in my ear. Should I go to the doctor or the eye and ear?? Can't hear that well out of it and it's a little sore.

haha this was amazing
thought the sound was the best i've heard in the ambassador
watchin dudes in their mid 30s behave like 16 year olds during freakscene - comedy gold
didn't even expect to enjoy this too much - best shit

Wheels said:
Hits? T'was very loud alright. I put wet tissue in my ear as make shift earplugs. Now I've got some of it lodged in my ear. Should I go to the doctor or the eye and ear?? Can't hear that well out of it and it's a little sore.
Get your ma to pull it out with a tweezers
That's what I did when it happened to me (a long time ago)

Mebbe's I should go to a doctor coz I didnt find this as loud as all that.
Was deadly though from about the midway point.

MalachiConstant said:
1 hour and 15 minutes of noise.
No Hits
€32
Fuck Them

hahahaha hello new joke persona person.

Loads of hits! Maybe you were expecting Start Choppin'? We were in front of Lou and you could hear him well. I thought the sound was pretty good and surprisingly loud for the shambassador. Great gig although the funk onstage between songs was unreal. What's the betting that after this tour they never speak again.

This was shit hot. I was to the left of the stage in front of J and i could hear everything perfectly, Lou was as loud as he is on the albums, no problem hearing his vocals either. Thought Ambassador was a cool enough place as it was my first time there, sound was well daycent. You Dublin pricks have it too good. Chunks. Oh yeah

The gig was totally as expected. No onstage banter. REALLY loud. All the early stuff.

I was disappointed really. I know they're warming up for the London 'You're living all over me' performance but for me Bug is their best album and I love loadsa stuff from the post-Barlow band albums. The wagon is such a great tune as is Out there and Start Choppin' IMHO. Why stop at the Barlow point? They're called Dinosaur Jr...not Dinosaur.

On a technical point, the sound was as capable as possible considering the sheer volume that six stacked Marshall amps will produce at full tilt.
However, it meant that the power of the band was lost. I stood in the middle of the venue and could only 'feel' the bass 'n drums when J was cranked up.

We all know he's a shithot guitarist. Volume does not = Power. Sore ears yes.

Also I think he was applying the 'cranked-up' sound of distortion to the early stuff which was not recorded that way. If anything some of the early albums guitar sounds were positively clean, no verb even.

I think the songs suffered as a result but at least I can say I saw them. Dinosaurs they may well now be.

I was disappointed really. I know they're warming up for the London 'You're living all over me' performance but for me Bug is their best album and I love loadsa stuff from the post-Barlow band albums. The wagon is such a great tune as is Out there and Start Choppin' IMHO. Why stop at the Barlow point? They're called Dinosaur Jr...not Dinosaur.

If you knew anything about the history of Dinosaur Jr and the history of the relationship between Mascis and Barlow, you wouldn't be asking that question.

Thought this was deadly.

They played virtually all of YLAOM. You can't get better than that. Sound was a bit dodgy near the front but sounded amazing down the back. Weird ...

Pat, I always knew you were crazy but now it's confirmed! No-one wants to hear post-Bug stuff!! I dont even really want to hear stuff from Bug .....

Actually it takes seeing them to appreciate how many of their great songs are ones that Barlow sings (and I presume wrote too??).

Way better than I thought it would be.

Wheels said:
Dude, that happened me a few years ago, i had to get the shittly little piece syringed... Hurt like fuck...
I now have partial hearling loss in that ear (left)
get it sorted

as for the gig...
I saw th' 'riginal line up of Djr... Fuck you all
AND i said hi to J before the gig... weakest hand shake ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back