Dillinger in Dublin (1 Viewer)

shit ya. that was when i was moving back from dublin to cork, that whole period is sketchy. you werent that guy on the news being battered and arrested were ya?!!

Battered yes, arrested no. They were ballsy enough to try and hit me, but, honestly, who has the balls to arrest me... or stupid enough NOT to arrest me? I'm glad they didn't because I'm in for a big payday sometime in the next decade.

Dillinger are most rockin, don't care if singer is a tosser Did anyone catch the merchandising girls showing off their enhanced breasts? classy girls

needtokill said:
AS for the drummer's "macho asshole" problem, I could be wrong but I remember at the time his machoness amounted to refusing to feel he had to justify why the singer threw shit at people.Which is fair enough.If you've got a problem with the singer,then surely you go to the singer.
the singer wasn't around, that's why i couldn't talk to him.
probably "macho" is wrong of me to use.

and anyway, even if he was.. i wonder would it have been wise to "call him on his shit" - i wouldn't want glass in my beautiful eyes!!

needtokill said:
I don't think the singer of CATHARSIS pissing on the stage in the Temple has met with the widespread condemnation DEP have, probably because CATHARSIS are everyone's heros,and to be honest that's far more outrageous and offensive to me than what happens at a corporate rock gig.
i was at the catharsis gig and have seen video of same, but i didn't see that pissing incident. If i had of i certainly would have said something.
(i think people *should* say something if there is disrespectful/obnoxious behaviour at a gig)

I don't deny it happened, but these days i endeavour to hold out judging people unless i have seen /heard the bad thing myself.

Clodagh said:
the singer wasn't around, that's why i couldn't talk to him.
probably "macho" is wrong of me to use.

and anyway, even if he was.. i wonder would it have been wise to "call him on his shit" - i wouldn't want glass in my beautiful eyes!!

i was at the catharsis gig and have seen video of same, but i didn't see that pissing incident. If i had of i certainly would have said something.
(i think people *should* say something if there is disrespectful/obnoxious behaviour at a gig)

I don't deny it happened, but these days i endeavour to hold out judging people unless i have seen /heard the bad thing myself.

Never did like Dillinger Escape.. and the tales of the bands antics in Belfast just cemented it....Dillinger 4 are better and not macho twats

I was just about to say you gotta get some dillinger 4 over here... I was soooo exited to see the post and then it wasnt d4...i can always dream... :( :( :(

Yr man outta Catharsis didn't piss on me, so that's cool.
Although in fairness I'm sure if Catharsis were playing again someone would mention his pissing all over the venue. I'm surprised their bassist didn't berate him over flashing his genitals in an aggressive manner and for standing while doing it, not squatting. Standing up while taking a piss is such a macho thing to do. Looking like a bloke from a distance, evidently, is not.

''was just about to say you gotta get some dillinger 4 over here... I was soooo exited to see the post and then it wasnt d4...i can always dream''...

I asked Leatherface about bringing D4 over, I've emailed a few people about it, might be pain now they are on Fat but we will see

the strange guy said:
Battered yes, arrested no. They were ballsy enough to try and hit me, but, honestly, who has the balls to arrest me... or stupid enough NOT to arrest me? I'm glad they didn't because I'm in for a big payday sometime in the next decade.

you gonna take a case against them? you'd probably have one under the tort of trespass against the person or negligence.

I'll still probably go to this if i have the money, just to watch the 2 guitarists and drummer alone.

as for D4 havent they been signed to No Idea for years?

Gar said:
Dillinger are most rockin, don't care if singer is a tosser Did anyone catch the merchandising girls showing off their enhanced breasts? classy girls

ya i saw that.. but i must say it was the least expected thing ive ever seen at a gig, and in fact i wondered if i'd imagined it. now i know!

Dillinger are fuckin class. The singer, however, takes things too far. You can have all the stage presence in the world and not assault people. And the drummer was anything but macho, in fact of all the members he came off as the most amiable.

and HORSE THE BAND are the FUCKING SHIT!!!! has anybody heard these guys?!?! they mix Legend Of Zelda style synths with technical metalcore, they fucking rule!!! seriously!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSS dillinger again!!!! quality..|..| whats the big deal with how they behave on stage??? you cant expect a band to play such aggressive, energetic, music and expect them to just stand still like mid-nintey's shoe-gasing indy tossers. last time i saw em, in belgum the singer actually hit me at end of show. do i care??? no fuckin way. you expect that shit.when you go to see aggressive bands you expect a mosh not fuckin' line dancing.;)

"""Sure why not go to the Dillinger Escape Plan gigs and just stand there throwing full pint glasses at the singer, that would be amazing."""""""""

damn right! Like c'mon ever seen those gg allin videos where the crowd didnt stand for his shit and battered him, its pretty straight forward, in regards to catharsis, i have heard that about him pissing at the gig, i was there but kinda drunk and its a fair while ago now but it is true that people haven't said shit about that incident, but hey i guess thats hero worship:p

throw a pint glass at him? have you seen the size of him?!! he probably wouldnt even feel it, leap off the stage and dismember ya without even breaking into a sweat! unless of course evryone threw stuff, he cant take everyone at once.

ha, at the limerick gig, there was a stack of speakers one on top of the other, both bout 6-8 feet at least, hes knocking off them, and the top one starts to topple off, so he casually just grabs and puts it back...any idea how much those things weigh, and it was above his head, the guys an animal. attack at your peril.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back