Dillinger in Dublin (1 Viewer)

Steo, you should go to a few metal gigs. Besides the music making DEP look like indy shoegazers, no one gets glassed by band members and no one throws mic stands. And it's still class!

Singer from DEP seems like a macho dickhead. What's the excuse for acting like that? It's just fucking stupid and ignorant, punching random people in the face and smacking them with pint glasses. Idiot.

Didn't think much of the band live. Boring, passionless, Nasum kicked the shite out of them.

Cormcolash said:
Sure why not go to the Dillinger Escape Plan gigs and just stand there throwing full pint glasses at the singer, that would be amazing.
Aye,I reckon this is the way to go rather than just talking about them being cunts.It'd be a good test of how "Hard" the singer actually is.I reckon he'd weep like a baby and storm off.
I intend to urinate on Catharsis' singer when they play next time on behalf of the poor fucker who had to clean up after them.
As for Oxbow, Eugene Robinson can throw all the mic stands into the audience he wabts (he did last time in Whelans if you missed it).He probably actually WOULD fucking kill you if you threw it back at him.

Corm said:
Singer from DEP seems like a macho dickhead. What's the excuse for acting like that? It's just fucking stupid and ignorant, punching random people in the face and smacking them with pint glasses. Idiot.

Didn't think much of the band live. Boring, passionless, Nasum kicked the shite out of them.

you liked Nasum? i thought they were nothing special, better than Rabies Cast(e)? though who were complete shite.

needtokill said:
Aye,I reckon this is the way to go rather than just talking about them being cunts.It'd be a good test of how "Hard" the singer actually is.I reckon he'd weep like a baby and storm off.
I intend to urinate on Catharsis' singer when they play next time on behalf of the poor fucker who had to clean up after them.
As for Oxbow, Eugene Robinson can throw all the mic stands into the audience he wabts (he did last time in Whelans if you missed it).He probably actually WOULD fucking kill you if you threw it back at him.

Of course, I wouldn't go and see Dillinger Escape Plan anyway, so theres no risk for me!

brianMy Remorse said:
you liked Nasum? i thought they were nothing special, better than Rabies Cast(e)? though who were complete shite.

Nasum are gods especially on the Inhale/Exhale album, the later stuff is pretty rippin' too, next time you're in my car brian you're gonna hear nothing but Pig Destroyer and Nasum :)

NecroSteve said:
Steo, you should go to a few metal gigs. Besides the music making DEP look like indy shoegazers, no one gets glassed by band members and no one throws mic stands. And it's still class!
er, steve i've probably been to more metal gigs than punk/ hardcore gigs. what metal band is capable of makeing dillinger look like indy shoegazers anyway??? superskin:D

relapse.com says mastodon are in holland june 4th!!! the dillinger date in dublin is june 4th? no?

brianMy Remorse said:
i swear i wasnt taking the piss, just saw it on metal ireland, so i cant confirm if its true or not.

i think im in for a beating.....:(

What metal ireland are you reading soon to be battered and bruised emo kid :p

I dont care if I have to play guitar for em, HORSE the band have to come here, stable line up or no!

And steo, i dont often disagree with you, but i'm afraid i have to on this count. There really is no excuse for the way DEP's singer acted both times i saw them. It's fair enough that people who leap headfirst into a moshpit can expect to be bashed, but not everyone goes to a gig to be literally assaulted.

I love their music, but if it was my girlf or sister or whoever who got a pint glass thrown at her and spat upon (which happened to the barmaid in Dorans), i'd fuckin beat the face off the person who did it, regardless of how Rock N Roll they think they are. Its just not cricket, mate.

And Catharsis can fuck off. Newborn blew them off the fuckin stage every night of that tour anyways.

Alan Remorse said:
And Catharsis can fuck off. Newborn blew them off the fuckin stage every night of that tour anyways.

Newborn rocked alright, didn't see Catharsis though due to booze in belfast and broken windows in Cork. Alan PM me if you're on for True North Monday. Still not 100% myself if I'm gonna go

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back