Diff Audio Format??!!! (1 Viewer)

yesboyicecream

Orange Alabaster Mushroom
Website
www.yesboyicecream.com
Hi,

I've just been sent two audio cds - one that has "diff file" written on it and one that looks like it has "jiff file" on it? Obviously I've come across AIFF before but neither of these and haven't found anything too helpful on the interweb.

Is this just poor penmanship or has anyone come across either of these formats and is there any hope of windows media player playing them?

I won't know if they're just AIFF until I get home, so I was hoping someone here might have a clue?

Thanks...

info here

http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/fileformatlist.html

it might be some derivative of the iff audio format which was the Commodore Amiga format

Is diff and jiff just writeen on the cd? or are theey filename extensions?
I mean they could just be english abbreviations!

yesboyicecream said:
Hi,

I've just been sent two audio cds - one that has "diff file" written on it and one that looks like it has "jiff file" on it? Obviously I've come across AIFF before but neither of these and haven't found anything too helpful on the interweb.

Is this just poor penmanship or has anyone come across either of these formats and is there any hope of windows media player playing them?

I won't know if they're just AIFF until I get home, so I was hoping someone here might have a clue?

Thanks...

FancyGoods said:
info here

http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/fileformatlist.html

it might be some derivative of the iff audio format which was the Commodore Amiga format

Is diff and jiff just writeen on the cd? or are theey filename extensions?
I mean they could just be english abbreviations!

Cheers,

I was just making sure I wasn't out of the loop on some mad secret file format. Like Pffff....

I'm still a bit worried about what the abbreviations could be, if that's what they are.

yesboyicecream said:
Cheers,

I was just making sure I wasn't out of the loop on some mad secret file format. Like Pffff....

I'm still a bit worried about what the abbreviations could be, if that's what they are.

copy one of 'em and change the extension to .AIFF and try to open it, you'll know quick enough...!ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back