Did you go to your Debs? (1 Viewer)

i ended up going to mine with my ex-girlfriends best friend (partially to piss her off). my date ended up cutting her foot on glass (blood galore) and getting back together with her ex-boyfriend on the night. great fun all round :)

it was meant to be a foam party debs, but ended up as karaoke and then a crap covers band (the great escape?). those were the days.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I went to mine. Got plastered and went around telling all the cunts from the class that i'd had to be civil with the last few years that i thought they were cunts because of a, b, and c.

How i got out alive i'll never know.
ha ha, at 17 i'd imagine i would have been primed to go off like that with some drink in me.

quasiquasi said:
Nein, can't remember what I did instead.
By the law of averages i'd say i had a wank.

Ahhh, so most of you are just as bitter as me!:heart:

a cross border debs:

--rock the boat, 'sexy', 'funny' garter games, handbags, disco balls, warm bulmers, roast beef, national anthem, puke, 3 flashing lights, two dogs, white lightning, gardai, helicopter, fake smiles, photos, puke.

I went to mine own (though in Wexford we called it "the grad") and got brought to two others. Had a deadly time at them all, though in them days I was a happy-go-lucky soul who could have a good time anywhere

My brother ended up at our old school grad just looking for a late drink one night in Wexford a year or two ago (he was about 26 or 27 at the time I'd say). Said all the girls were gorgeous, all the guys had discarded jackets and ties and reverted to being mad-eyed hairy culchies. The place stank of puke and everyone was drinking pints of some green shit - "I don't even know what young people are drinking these days"

egg_ said:
I went to mine own (though in Wexford we called it "the grad") and got brought to two others.

Same here. Don't really remember much about any of them to be honest.
I do remember that the 'carry on' at the Debs was the subject of much moral hand wringing in the papers/on the radio at the time - young people getting up to all sorts, drinking and the like :D
Hardly merits a mention these days.

Fat Frogs!!

No, I don't know what they are either, just that the young folk like them.

egg_ said:
The place stank of puke and everyone was drinking pints of some green shit - "I don't even know what young people are drinking these days"

egg_ said:
(though in Wexford we called it "the grad") ............everyone was drinking pints of some green shit - "I don't even know what young people are drinking these days"
Forgot that, yes 'the grad'. Those green drinks would be 'fatfrogs' disgusting next generation mixes of all kinds of god knows what shots n bicardi breezer type fluids.

I didn't go to mine because I was such a mean moody teen and hated the shit out of my priest-run school and still do. I had no girlfriend and I thought the desperation of fellas trying to shift random girls in the ante-debs weeks so they could ask them to the debs was lame.
On the night of my debs, my brother got a brief phone call "Kurt's Dead; He shot himself in Seattle!" To this day, we don't know who made that call. In the pre sky news days, it was a couple of hours before it was confirmed on the news.
So I just stayed at home makin' noise.

The next year, I Went on a kind of double date with my then girlfriend and a friend of mine she set up with a rather highly strung lady. He fell asleep opposite her with his face in the soup and remained motionless for the rest of the meal - kinda like that scene in Braindead. She just kept hyperventilating going on "omygodimustbesoboringhe'sjustfallingasleepinfrontofmeiwanttogoblahbleh....."
I couldn't convince her that it was because I was beating drugs and booze into him all night.
He later woke up and snogged her on the insistnece of his peers.
I think I'd rather be impotent than be a dating teenager again.

College balls were better - more drugs and more ridin', except I went to Mary I in limerick and they expected us all to stand up and say the Angelous before dinner -I sat with pride.

To sum up, bag o shite

I didn't go to mine because I was such a mean moody teen and hated the shit out of my priest-run school and still do. I had no girlfriend and I thought the desperation of fellas trying to shift random girls in the ante-debs weeks so they could ask them to the debs was lame.
On the night of my debs, my brother got a brief phone call "Kurt's Dead; He shot himself in Seattle!" To this day, we don't know who made that call. In the pre sky news days, it was a couple of hours before it was confirmed on the news.
So I just stayed at home makin' noise.

best story.

went to mine,it was alright...other than their vegan option was broccoli rice and cauliflower instead of a 4 course dinner....cunts.dont really remember much except me and my ex robbing a bottle of vodka and knocking a pint out of some dude i hateds hands

rotten tropics said:
other than their vegan option was broccoli rice and cauliflower instead of a 4 course dinner

And they wonder why we're so weak and skinny? Cliff 'em all!
That reminds me of Mary I again: In the SU office I asked was there a vegetarian option on the menu that I was paying £20 (not euros) for.
The flustered 22-going-on-49 bufferette at the desk swatted me away like a fly; "I DON'T KNOW, PROBABLY SALMON!" she shrieked.

Fukkin Mucker Academy.

We have something like that up here in the North. Not until next year for me but I doubt I'll go.

Too cool for all that I am :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back