Did I miss a fukin meeting or something?? 10pm close on off licence (1 Viewer)

When did this happen? :eek:

oooo bring back bootleg liquor. now would be a great time to set up a home distillery and make a fortune. I wish I had a mob connection

maybe people will start making more homebrew and selling them in jars outside pubs at night?

there'll be a dublin beer barron, maybe i dont need a new job afterall. . .

I've never felt safer, healthier or happier than I have felt for the last 13 minutes. Thanks people-who-make-laws.

Just a couple of hours. They will freeze if you leave them overnight. When you dp open them all the fizz will fly out violently, leaving you with an icy block of flat booze.

leave them overnight they'll explode and theyll be manky if you leave them defrost and then drink them..done it many a time, cider ain't as bad defrosted as beer though...|..|
hasnt Brian Cowen family members that own pubs? snakey feck.

i forgot about this stupid law until about ten minutes ago, when the self service check out machine in superquinn pretty much flipped me off for trying to buy booze after 10.

FUCK. SAKE.

This bullshit law got to me at metallica, that id paid 65 quid to go see. when the bar closed at 10, i was the last person in the queue allowed to buy a drink.They just closed over the barrier. ended up flooring a pint at the counter cos yer only allowed two beers at a time. how there wasnt a fukin riot over this i dont know cos there was hundreds queing. as a tax paying adult i find this the gayest load of donkey bollox ive ever seen.

stupid silly law that if anything just leads to more binge drinking as I see it. I usually say after a gig or the likes
on a weekend would pop into the offy after a gig and maybe pick up 2 or 3 cans depending on how pissed I felt (pretty sensible really) however now the bastards have me running to the off licence at 8pm before a gig, getting six cans in case there is a sudden after gig party or something I'm not aware of and essentially constantly 'stocking up' on booze.

I'm not saying its the governments fault i drink too much but for fucksake I am so so sick of hearing crap about Ireland's drinking problem, if anything this just makes shit worse. Working in wet hostels and such for the past few years I was delighted when the 12:30 offy thing started because it meant the drinkers would pop in and out all night to get 2 or 3 cans at a time up until half twelve. Now the case according to people I worked with is totally different with people buying 10 or more cans before 10 o clock and then getting way more out of control earlier.

nice one lads looking forward to going back to work now:mad:

This bullshit law got to me at metallica, that id paid 65 quid to go see. when the bar closed at 10, i was the last person in the queue allowed to buy a drink.They just closed over the barrier. ended up flooring a pint at the counter cos yer only allowed two beers at a time. how there wasnt a fukin riot over this i dont know cos there was hundreds queing. as a tax paying adult i find this the gayest load of donkey bollox ive ever seen.

I don't think the new regulations specifically covered Metallica shows.
They always close the bar early at gigs anyway.

And what are you doing buying a drink when the band is playing?

Pity all of us bowsies are such bowsies we'll never get the new law repealed. Maybe direct action is required. 10 tonight let's all go and piss on the gates of Leinster House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back