Did I miss a fukin meeting or something?? 10pm close on off licence (1 Viewer)

spudgun

anyone know how the fuk they skeaked this new law thru? i have to do my drink shopping 2 days in advance now. like 10PM even on weekends....wtf???shud be marchin in the fukin street!ninjaaaa.cunts.

anyone know how the fuk they skeaked this new law thru? i have to do my drink shopping 2 days in advance now. like 10PM even on weekends....wtf???shud be marchin in the fukin street!ninjaaaa.cunts.

It's been debated for the last year or so in the press and on the airwaves.

The govt appointed a commission on alcohol and this was one of their recommendations.

The early houses were saved, we're counting our blessings.

i swore this law was not a big deal and people should just get over it.
i didnt think i drank much, but already it has affected me 4 or 5 times!

Everybody knows that the alcohol related problems affecting Irish society, and the mental and physical health of it's members are directly related to the sale of alcohol after 10pm. It has been scientifically proven that the booze procured and consumed before hand has no effect what so ever. This is what's known as the 'safe zone', where teenagers can happily purchase as many cans as they can carry from every single newsagent in the country, drink them, buy more and still contribute to Irish life in a positive and non threatening way. I'm thrilled that the egg heads down at Dáil HQ have managed to highlight the 'danger zone' where every other drink taken at every other hour of the day suddenly takes control of our unsuspecting souls and livers. Statistics prove that every single bad thing happens because of the availability of alcoholic drinks at this time. Even grannies and couples planning to watch Wire DVD boxsets will be transformed into shaven headed booze monsters beyond the magic twenty second hour.

Thanks to our knowledgeable overlords, very soon we will see an end to binge drinking, alcohol related violence and we as a nation will be happier than ever before, tucked up in our beds by 10.30 with a nice mug of hot chocolate.

chav.jpg

It's all a ploy by the vintners federation to get us back into pubs all night instead of
starting with one or two at the pub before heading home to enjoy tinnies and bottles of
vino, smoking fat joints, not getting randomly punched in the face and enjoy exactly the
kind of music that we like.
Total buzzkill having to stock up on booze beforehand.
Every day is a mini Good Friday.

It's all a ploy by the vintners federation to get us back into pubs all night instead of
starting with one or two at the pub before heading home to enjoy tinnies and bottles of
vino, smoking fat joints, not getting randomly punched in the face and enjoy exactly the
kind of music that we like.
Total buzzkill having to stock up on booze beforehand.
Every day is a mini Good Friday.

yeah, i've defo been panic buying since i got stung rapeh on the first night of the new closing time. more beer in my fridge has been contributing to worse hangovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back