diary of the dead (2 Viewers)

nah its just outright shit. 28 days later is a great film(up to a point).

the fact that dawn of the dead has aged so badly is what makes it so good.

there hasnt been a definitive zombie flick yet.

anyone see the remake of day of the dead? i mean "remake". 'Based on GAR's Day of the dead' it says. it's hard to see how. really quite bad though.

i just got the remake of dawn of the dead on dvd for nick all in a sale in game stop. now that's much better altogether. of course, they all pale next to shaun of the dead.

the definitive zombie movie will always be night of the living dead. i can only imagine what that was like at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector Grey
i just got the remake of dawn of the dead on dvd for nick all in a sale in game stop. now that's much better altogether. of course, they all pale next to shaun of the dead.

you gotta be kidding me....what are you, some kind of stoner student?

Its the END TIMES alright...

saw this the other night, utter sludge. usuallly you can put up with bad acting in romero's flicks but this brings it to a new level. the whole "technology is the theme here kids!" is consistently rammed down out throats. and he reuses shit too, like the final bit of the hunter guys using zombies for target practice, "humans are the real monsters!".

Its better than 90% of what Romero has made in the last 20 years (since Day of the Dead)..

watch Bruiser to see him at his worse.

the english professor was laugh-out-loud bad. "i need a drink again chaps, and i'll use a fucking bow and arrow instead of a gun because it seems more......humane."

well, to be perfectly honest, romero did just get lucky with his trilogy..well dawn in particular.
the documentary on the boxset makes for a good watch. the fact that he basically finished dawn, cut it, and then went out and added another 45 minutes is REALLY bad film making practice. and it shows..(the whole biker gang thing).
he comes across as being very unhinged and off the rails in the making of sections. 'we dont really follow the script' etc.
however, the film he made before dawn was really good. the short film about the vampire guy called 'martin'. that was a well made film. and night of the living dead is way ahead of it's time.

but yeah, the moral is that he was never a great filmmaker. he just had a charm or something.
and he also had goblin, and tom savini.

Creepshow
Night of The Living Dead
Martin
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
The Dark Half
Monkey Shines
Two Evil Eyes

all great films by an accomplished filmmaker.

He should leave the zombies alone now...

the short film about the vampire guy called 'martin'. that was a well made film. and night of the living dead is way ahead of it's time.

Martin was a Feature film - excellent too.

The Crazies is a great film thats often overlooked. I like Season of the Witch too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back