Deleting your Online Presence (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

-
Contributor
Solutions
that twitter thread got me thinking about this. I'm sure it's impossible to delete your online presence completely but recently I deleted old social networking accounts and the like, I got rid of:

* last.fm
* bebo
* Facebook
* okcupid (LOL)

Still have goodreads, thumped, twitter and myspace. I only keep the myspace because I think you need an account to view the blogs?

What you got, what you got to get rid of?

I got rid of my myspace & killed off my bebo a week or two ago. It's still up but has a message saying to get me on facebook if anyone wants me, I'll delete it in a while.. My main problem is the numerous forum accounts I have, I've lost count of how many forums I've signed up to read a thread or two and never go back to.

It seems to be impossible to delete your bebo band page which is kinda shit. I've stopped using bebo.

I still use Myspace as most friends who are in bands still use it.

I don't have a facebook. It really doesn't suit quasi-anonymity.

Had a Bebo page but seleted it after a few weeks, still have a Myspace but im taking a break form it at the minute. Currently signed up to Thumped, Moshspace and Drumchat forums

I'm signed up to loads of things. I have a trail of blind red teen anger behind me like a septic slug though.. theres some seriously bad rants i'd like to get rid off from around the place, theres so many I wouldnt know where to start. All over the fucking place.

Thank god I was able to delete blogs from myspace, I dont think my thoughts on not having hair as nice as the myspace scene kids, which in turn made me feel like fucking the monitor out the window would have had any great contribution to the world.

I think it's just easier to let it stand and just change your name. I think it's time for a new name. Jane served me well for the last 18 years. Sheila? Agatha? Isobel?

I would have to go through gmail and look up alot of things I signed up for. No longer have Bebo for past six months. Wont look at Twitter. Use Facebook far too much, there's some people I'd lose contact with if it was gone

My bebo was broken into last night...

Causing me A LOT of fucking hassle. I dont have a clue what comments were made or anything. Just may wait for the backlash......

my myspace page is a work of art, I really should keep it and sell it on in a few years

I'm currently running a qualitative survey on my friendlist so this will have to complete before I can consider any offers. It also may alter the pricing system so hope you're flexible with such issues, obviously being friends with Tom isn't really worth the same as being friends with Wolf Parade

deleted everything months ago (bar thumped omg!!!) because i was doing a super intense course and couldn't risk being distracted. now the intensitys over and i'm not mad pushed to go back to them but feel i have to because networking is virtually impossible. besides i totally miss lurking at the human catalogue that is myspace

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back