deerhoof wednesday aug 23 tbmc (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 9
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was deadly. I was a bit worried about the missing guitarist but worries unfounded. Nice one Timo!

enjoyed this way more than I thought I would given I reckon their stuff is patchy etc but when they were doing the tuney songs with craxy bits they were rappa. when they were doing deerhoof sponsored by sanrio I wanted to get up on stage and kick them all in the snatch.

but mostly it was great!

this was truly amazing. A little short maybe but wow! And wasn't yer man Greg just the nicest lad ever coming out and apologising to a seriously pumped crowd because they had no more songs!!

Fair play to Mr.Yorke. He was giving it socks. He came in and stood right next to me. When Greg made that funny about 'whoever said this was our last show in Ireland was wrong, we'll be back', ol Yorkey heckled with, 'tomorrow would be a good idea', which actually drew a laugh or 2.

By the end everyone had spotted him though and some had even rounded in on him looking for autographs and pictures. The poor lad must have been there for ages after.

best gig in dublin this year!
Nah wasn't as good as boredoms or high on fire. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to though.

The one complaint I had was they acted the 'show-off' at times - look at me I can drum really fast and out of time - and sometimes it was to the detriment of the song.

Another great U:M gig though, Dublin would be a much poorer place without Timo!

[
The one complaint I had was they acted the 'show-off' at times - look at me I can drum really fast and out of time - and sometimes it was to the detriment of the song.

huh? :confused: They preformed amazingly. I don't get this comment at all..
Would you have prefered them to have held back? what?!
Is is not the beauty of seeing a band live, to hear them mix it up rythm wise and so forth? It was never to the detriment of the song in my opinion. The drumming is nearly the best bit....its suppossed to be really fast and how can you call him out of time?? that's the fckn point! but he'll swerve back into time and make you realise he was never out of time in the first place! kinda. I :heart: Greg!

I was gonna split in two I was so happy, short set but mega. Wish I was going to Radiohead now. Come bACK SOON DEERHOOVES

OK rant over.
.|..| bunny panda love

huh? :confused: They preformed amazingly. I don't get this comment at all..
Would you have prefered them to have held back? what?!
Just my opinion, you don't have to 'get it'.

For instance Milkman was pretty much ruined by the drummer showing us how good a drummer he was, rather than trying to compliment the song. they were much better when they were all in the groove together, rather than trying to outplay each other.

As I say, just my opinion, no need to burst a blood vessel about it.

ha ha ah aha. someone slagging someone for not getting them not getting the band. aaaaaaaaaaa haa haaa ha ahaaa ha haa. wheeeezzz.
great stuff. .|..|

Just my opinion, you don't have to 'get it'.

For instance Milkman was pretty much ruined by the drummer showing us how good a drummer he was, rather than trying to compliment the song. they were much better when they were all in the groove together, rather than trying to outplay each other.

As I say, just my opinion, no need to burst a blood vessel about it.

but you have to admit that the stuff about milk and allergies was very educational. I mean I never knew that shit at all....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back