Death in St. Petersburg - Nazi attack after Food Not Bombs (2 Viewers)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
Just got an email from Misha(Loa loa) which sadly has some shit news on the russian hardcore/D.I.Y front.
Timur played with Sandinsita! in St Pete, and sadly fell victim to a nazi attack after a Food Not Bombs benifit a few nights ago.He died from he`s stab wounds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Timur Kacharava

21.08.1985 - 13.11.2005

Timur was an active member of St. Petersburg's hardcore punk and anarchist
community, and our dear friend. On the evening of November 13, Timur became the
victim of a nazi attack. After a Food Not Bombs action on Vladimirskaya square Timur
and a few other kids went to a Bukvoyed bookshop on Ligovsky prospect. Around 7 p.m.
he and his friend Max "Zgibov" Zgibai were smoking outside when they were attacked
by a group of 8 to 10 nazis. Timur suffered multiple stab wounds in the neck. Zgibov
is in the hospital in a stable condition with five stab wounds.

The ambulance arrived in about ten minutes. By then Timur was dead due to heavy
blood loss. Zgibov was taken to the Mariinsky Hospital. The police are investigating
the incident; they have some suspects. There's a graffiti on the wall next to the
place where Timur was murdered, and there are candles, pictures, and flowers his
friends placed as a tribute.

Timur was a founding member of the St. Petersburg political hardcore punk band
Sandinista! which formed in 2003. He was the musical leader, writing most of the
music and playing lead guitar. The band's debut s/t MCD is to be released on
Moscow's Old Skool Kids Records; the same label released a DVD of Old Skool Kids
Fest in September 2004 which features several songs by Sandinista! In the Summer of
2005 Timur also joined the local d-beat hardcore band Distress. He returned to St.
Petersburg from a Scandinavian tour with Distress just a few days before being
murdered.

Timur took an active part in the anarchist activities in the city, such as Food Not
Bombs group and Epitsentr infoshop. He was also active in day-to-day confrontation
with nazis in the streets. He was a fourth year student of philosophy in St.
Petersburg State University, and a committed vegan.

Zgibov was Timur's bandmate in Sandinista! in 2004-2005. Before that Zgibov played
bass in hardcore punk band Svinokop and also is a singer and bassist in grind band
Potom Budet Pozdno, along with running his own tape label Ni Esperas.

For U.S. readers: Timur is seen on the Out Cold live in St. Petersburg DVD dancing,
and his voice saying "Old school hardcore isn't about windmills, dude" is in fact
heard as the intro to the film.

Timur will be loved and remembered by everyone who knew him. He is especially missed
by his parents and girlfriend Lyubava.

Sandinista! website:
http://www.myspace.com/sandinistaxspbhc

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please post this message in world hardcore/punk forums, sites, human
rights organizations etc.....
Thanks,
Eamonn.

timur.jpg

this is the poor lad.
what a fuckin waste....:(

for fucks sake, that's absolutely terrible. fuckin nazi scum!
think weeler's got a point, G8 06 will be a good opportunity to rise against this tragic crime.
cant believe that, so sad.

reading about it is one thing, but seeing his picture makes it very painful.
listening to his band, i can feel a part of him in the music, forever engraved, forever remembered

benefit gig for his family/community as a gesture of solidarity anyone?

yeah, good idea. Fuck, his poor family and friends... at least they would know people are thinking of them everywhere.

I'm told there will not be many people getting to Russia for the G8 as they have really strict visa regulations anyway and they just wont let anyone in. The germans are focusing on preparing for the year after next in Rostock (home of many nazis by the way).

mazzyianne said:
I'm told there will not be many people getting to Russia for the G8 as they have really strict visa regulations anyway and they just wont let anyone in.

you need to be 'invited' to go to russia dont you....yeah it might be tricky.

Blackenedflag said:
Not to get off subject,

I heard you have to pay something like 200euro to get in?

i know a guy who cycled from europe to china and he said that he had a bit of a laugh with the russian border guards in a more remote-type area. most of them are so bleedin bored (no pun intended) that they'd probably let the odd few slip past as long as you slipped them some yoyos...

La La said:
i know a guy who cycled from europe to china and he said that he had a bit of a laugh with the russian border guards in a more remote-type area. most of them are so bleedin bored (no pun intended) that they'd probably let the odd few slip past as long as you slipped them some yoyos...

try slippping a few thousand people throught there and your looking for trouble!
http://www.geographia.com/russia/visa.htm

go for the benefit gig though! I'd do one but no one would care enough down here to turn up :(

Its a piece of cake going to russia - get an invitation from a hostel etc...pay for the visa at the embassy.Then get cheap flight to tallinn, and get the bus to St Pete.
Its fucking sad all right.Having a benifit gig would be great.
Get lots of different people involved.Just got myself a house here in cork after 2 weeks of hostels.Don`t know much of whats going on here though.Will look into it and see can i organise something to make people aware.
Cork heads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back