Day trip to Paris, anyone? (1 Viewer)

ernesto said:
subtitled or dubbed?

I would assume subtitled. I haven't been to the cinema in Paris for a long long time, so maybe someone who's been more recently could shed some light. You could always email them, I suppose.

Bellatrix said:
Any film I've ever seen (in any language) in a French cinema has been subtitled rather than dubbed.

Dubbing is the worst.

think again, sister

shogun3.gif

"Your technique is magnificent, when cut across the neck the sound of wailing winter wind is heard they say, I have always wanted to cut a man this way to hear that sound, but to have it happen to my own neck, is ridiculous"

oh shit said:
think again, sister

shogun3.gif

"Your technique is magnificent, when cut across the neck the sound of wailing winter wind is heard they say, I have always wanted to cut a man this way to hear that sound, but to have it happen to my own neck, is ridiculous"

The problem with those fillums is that they're only entertaining for about ten minutes. Unless, of course, you're out of your gourd, in which case the fun never ends.

Bellatrix said:
I watched some of that video before. After about 40 seconds the T&A became a bit too much for me.

Does it get better? Should I wait it out?

*looks grave

In hindsight, there was a sort of pre-millenial exuberance to it, considering everything that happened afterwards. In that sense, it was the apex of the rollercoaster.

*stops typing, questions self deeply

Bellatrix said:
The problem with those fillums is that they're only entertaining for about ten minutes. Unless, of course, you're out of your gourd, in which case the fun never ends.

i think you're out of your gourd

Bellatrix said:
Any film I've ever seen (in any language) in a French cinema has been subtitled rather than dubbed.

Hollywood blockbusters shown in multiplexes tend to be dubbed, I think. Big-name actors are often dubbed by the same people in all their movies, so some French actor is "the voice of Tom Cruise", and so on. But subtitled films are also very common, and any remotely arty cinema will show subtitled versions - some cinemas show dubbed and subtitled versions of the same film at different times.

quasiquasi said:
Hollywood blockbusters shown in multiplexes tend to be dubbed, I think. Big-name actors are often dubbed by the same people in all their movies, so some French actor is "the voice of Tom Cruise", and so on. But subtitled films are also very common, and any remotely arty cinema will show subtitled versions - some cinemas show dubbed and subtitled versions of the same film at different times.

I've just realised that I seem to have erased my endless quest for versions originales of films (as opposed to the dubbed versions françaises) from my mind.

D'oh.

oh shit said:
think again, sister

shogun3.gif

GZAQUANNDO!!!

ICUH8N said:
I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

*sword sounds
'MEMBER WHEN WE WUZ KIDS.. WE USE SEE WHO COULD DO THIS THE LONGEST....... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH......AAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLAA
AAAAAAAAAAHQUAAAN
NND
OOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DIIIIRRRRRTTTYYYYY!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back