Septemberfest - Info (1 Viewer)

Great night. Lovely spot for it. Nice and central for everyone travelling there. Cheers to Conor and Marcus and everyone else involved. And cheers to Mates mam for the veggie lasagne. I thought easpa measa were savage aswell.
"Play a song, or fuck off"

Great gig, thanks to Conor and all involved. Fairly rough driving back the next day. Did anyone find a black hoody with a Tunguska patch?

Danye West was in particularly manic form as well, hahahaha knocking monitors all over the place!

Danye West won't stick.

Had a good laugh at this. Some really good bands and some not so good bands. Spent most of the time drinking and acting the maggot so I didn't mingle too much.

l_bfcc722330d746e0b87d3b32c0c3e545.jpg

Wow. Easpa Measa's "out with the emo and in with the rock" move was amazing. Ructions were great too. I had the worst fear/trembles last night, that'll teach me to be stopping the drinking.

Danye West won't stick.

Had a good laugh at this. Some really good bands and some not so good bands. Spent most of the time drinking and acting the maggot so I didn't mingle too much.

l_bfcc722330d746e0b87d3b32c0c3e545.jpg
never mind cormac whats goin on with stanto and yer man in front of him
oi polloi were much better than the last time i saw them AND no burning van crashed into and set the venue alight!!

thanks to everyone that helped, was a great day and its so rewarding to see your mates enjoying themselves, thanks to bands and people who gave equipment - etc etc

special thanks to skubol for collecting some of oi polloi from the airport when he wasnt even going to the gig

we had some teething problems here - and apologies if some things werent up to standard, but nothing that couldn't be sorted out in future, the venues food guy not coming being the main one but people have already offered to do a food service in future there., the cars and camping and cold sept night buzz was another thing where some teething / getting used to the place issues arose but overall i think its a good spot for events like this and they turned a lot of blind eyes

loved the partisans in particular and it was a great crowd to play to

as i said to some of ye on saturday im not going to be doing stuff outside wexford anymore as i haven't the energy i used to have and i find myself getting stressed and narky etc but was on the phone with the owner this afternoon of the venue who said it was a good day, well run and he would defo have us back next year so someone / a group is needed to take that on - no probs giving info /advice or what have you.

anyway - definitely was a fest rather than a gig - blinding

ps fiona your bass is safely stored.

I had to work till fucking 7 last night.I too am getting a bit old.There was parts of me aching that I didnt no I had.

that was some good weekend, 3 gigs and seeing partisans twice. That pub was mad craic even the next day for pints. Good way to end my summer holiday.
I'd do it all over again if i could, especially if i got to see this again.

4C6264A7D2DB4F91B913EB2F2B2DC943-500.jpg

GGi 2010 will be on in wexford, fri night and all day saturday at the night in the sticks venue with bands camping etc and then sunday at he original ggi venue with bands, punk disco camping etc. have to work out the date as we want to have it earlier in the summer and poss bank holiday weekend, presuming that is that the scots and dutch want to keep going for another cycle of GGI's- see what unfolds at the weekend.

me and marcus etc are goign to put that on as its local etc but besides that and the odd new ross gig im retired so the septemberfest venue is defintiely available for someone else to do something in next summer festival wise

Conor.... When planning GGI next year I'd defo be up for helping out a bit and also running a warmup gig in Galway with some of the foreign bands.

I'm volunteering to spearhead/organise a fest next summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back