dawn of the dead... (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

that was some hott shitt.

if you haven't seen it, this'll probably be full of spoilers:
good things
- savini cameo
- ken foree cameo (was it him or do all black people all just look the same? - the preacher doing the 'when there's no more room in hell...' line)
- the ending! i totally dug the ending even though half the cinema started to leave while the credits were rolling and then noticed they were stupid and stood in the ailes (sp) watching it...
- the chainsaw bit! i couldn't belive it - totally funny. bye bye 2 shitty characters.
- fat old lady impaled in the face - gross. i haven't seen a head spiking like that in a big hollywood movie since total fuckin recall. cool.
- someone else getting spiked in the head that i can't remember right now.
- guy with gun (non zombie) getting knocked down by ambulance - funny
- super slick rich guy....as played in the gayest style ever. what was that all about!? i seriously thought he was gay.

bad things:
- too many characters (trucker lady? who cares. blonde slutty lady? who cares. trucker man? who cares. 'andy' gun shop guy? who cares (although i guess thanks to michael moore you can no longer buy guns and bullets in shopping malls - we know who to blame when it all goes to shit and the dead start walking the earth and we can't kill them)
- fast zombies (they didn't even act like zombies, way too rabid...still a good movie, but y'know...it's not some fuckin fulci shit) - this totally killed off anny chance of slow creeping eerie vibes
- 'chips' the dog. BLAM.
- the redhead bitch (worst character ever). BLAM.
- redhead bitches boyfriend (second worst character ever). BLAM.
- the dog rescue mission. BLAM.
- CJ the bad cop turning into a martyr. zzzzzzzzzzz.
- 'flyboy 2' or whatever the main non black guys name was sacrificing himself at the end...
- fireproof everything (except for zombies) - i mean seriously...
- gunshot / shotguns have no effect on mesh fences (for at least 5 minutes of constant shooting anyway)
- some nu metal song during the credits
- last half hour shot in 28-day-later-o-vision Zzzzzzzzzzzz
- over the top score - when the camera rises up and shows the mall for the first time, the music was more fitting for the appearance of the gates of hell or something. i had to laugh.
- american flag shots - holy shit! that was so retarded on the boat. i half expected a picture of an eagle with a tear in its eye, the world trade center and "WE WILL NEVER FORGET" to start flashing on screen. L'haime.
best thing ever / worst thing ever:
- zombie baby! oh man...was that done as a joke? the lizard baby in V was better. had they had the zombie baby rip out of Ludas stomach, that'd be rad...but they didn't.
- it turns into the A-Team for about 20 minutes

weird:
i saw this thing on c4 on saturday night that showed the first 9 minutes of DOTD.....cept it didn't have any of the hospital scene at the start and instead of sterephonics coming on in the car, Weezer ('island in the sun') did...weird. different sound tracks for different countries?

anyway it was killer but not a patch on any of romero's 'proper' zombie movies...good fun shit.

andrew

this is what the internet is for... who's that guy with the red curly hair who slates movies on the internet?

THRILLHO said:
I didn't like the ending at all.
Except for the boobies. They ruled.

Sarah's boobies?
Saw the first 9 minutes on Mark Kermode the other night. I think Zombies that sprint could be way exXxtreme. Kinda liked what I saw.

This film fucken RULED!!!!
totally unscary not-as-good-as-the-original action packed gorefest... loved every rediculious frame...

Substituting Weezer for the Stereophonics pissed me off no end...

Running zombies... hmmmm

Andy on the roof? loved him... lots of superfluas (sp?) charictors, but max headrooms daughter was hot!

yes andy that was Keenans da allright

Chainsaws=deadly

hoo hah

going to see it tomorrow, sounds interesting. And the removal of the stereophonics from anything, in any shape or form, is the right thing to do.

Saw this yesterday and thought it was quite good. The trailer for Shaun Of The Dead was on before it and it soon became obvious that shuffling-around-looking-a-bit-dim zombies=funny, and running-around-like-mad-trying-to-bite-you-zombies=scary-ish.
I know it is not the popular view around here but I know which kind of zombie I would rather meet. The slow dopy one!

This flick was 2 hours of good time, no doubt.
Personally thought CJ the security guard was awesome til he reversed tack. Andy on the roof comm’ing with Ving Rhames was awesome, specially when he turns Zombie and holds up a board smeared with blood.
“She’s a twitcher”. Cool.
Super Slick rich guy was cool, bit too much Bruce Campbell.
Made me need to see Romero’s again.
Mall music was funny.
Bison comin’ through with a good review was cool. People should do that instead of saying: “This film rocked”, or, “This film Sucked”.
And yeah, whats with dudes rushing out of their seats at the end then standing in the aisles in front of you when they realise they jumped the gun and, is it only me or every time you go to UGC is there two people in the seats directly behind you talking and possibly putting their feet on the back of yr seat. That wasn’t cool at all.
Anybody remember the comic Thirteenth Floor where the elevator had a mind of its own and would mete out retribution on all those that deserved it? That was cool too.

Will...
Let me lend you Night, Dawn & Day of the Dead's
You'll soon change that opinion of yours...

Shawn of the dead looks deadly... spoof and homage rolled into one... particularly liked the 70's synth sound effect lifted from the origional Dawn of the Dead at the end of the trailor...

Here, alan remorse... they substituted Weezer with the welch gits... that be the crime

particularly liked the 70's synth sound effect lifted from the origional Dawn of the Dead at the end of the trailor...

yes! i said it to the person i was sitting beside but they had no idea what i was talking about...i shouldn't sit beside strangers

andrew

Hey Wil, you're discussing zombies on the internet....

You DO realise this don't you?

M.BISON said:
yes! i said it to the person i was sitting beside but they had no idea what i was talking about...i shouldn't sit beside strangers

andrew
Christ almighty, I did the exact same thing...

Bison did you mention that sound effect to me? I didnt hear that bit....

I shouted out loud about five times during dotd...if only the baby had bit the black guys ear off through the womb.

the board smeared with blood was a nice touch, the only good thing about the andy character. pity it didnt say BRAINS in blood, that would have been awesome.

yeah i don't think you could make out what i was saying cos you just looked at me weird...with that sexy look in your eye
that board bit was good i guess...man that dog...i'd like to think that if i lost my entire family to flesh eating zombies, i wouldn't just straight up adopt a dog and be cool again. i'd like to think i'd mourn a little and feel kinda sorry for myself.
i couldn't really figure out the time scale of the movie at all...were they there for days or a few weeks or what?

and i don't really get why to got so antsy to leave...i mean the place was totally locked down (until they went to save the fucking dog/dog woman!), not like in the original...Annnnyway...

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back