david kitt covers album? (1 Viewer)

verb

does anybody know anything about this covers album hes supposed to be doing?
like, what songs hes doing or when is it out?
Thanks.

just popped next door and look what i found

David will be releasing his long awaited covers album, "The Black And Red Notebook", in late September on his (as-yet-untitled) new independent label. The provisional tracklisting is as follows:-
1. Haunt Me (Jape)
2. All Night Long (David Kitt)
3. Never Stop (Money Mark)
4. Magnolia (JJ Cale)
5. Teenage Riot (Sonic Youth)
6. Dancing In The Moonlight (Thin Lizzy)
7. And Your Bird Can Sing (The Beatles)
8. Going In A Field (Ivor Cutler)
9. Pale Blue Eyes (The Velvet Underground)

Ugh....i feel shaky at the feet...i..think...i`m gonna...buuuuwaaaaa!!bog

Where`s the link to that Petition board?
He can`t be let butcher Sonic youth`s - Teeenage Riot!:mad: , (next he`ll be doing Fugazi!)..not to mention the Velvets, JJ Cale and Lizzy!

I think he`d be great doing a cover of Youth of Todays - Break Down the Walls!!!!

Anyone got an email for David Kitt - i got a comp cd with Gang Green, Minor Threat and Gorilla Biscuits i want to send him.....maybe some Neurosis on there too.
He may as well butcher the lot!!

very uncool thing to say on thumped but Smashing Pumpkins do a cover of Dancing In The Moonlight ( a b- side) and it's brilliant. All acoustic and slow; probably the same way kittser will do it.

Donal said:
looking forward to this.

back recording himself I think. which is nice.
yeh me too
i too prefer when he plays and records all the stuff himself
Rimbaud, you're a bit stupid

Anthony said:
very uncool thing to say on thumped but Smashing Pumpkins do a cover of Dancing In The Moonlight ( a b- side) and it's brilliant. All acoustic and slow; probably the same way kittser will do it.
Even the worst Smashing Pumpkins stuff is a million times better than anything that David Kitt has put out

if i ever hear kitt doing teenage riot, i will cut my own ears off.
the guy is sound and everything, nothing against him but some of that stuff, i don't know, even if i thought i was an amazing 'artist' or whatever, i'd just leave it alone. some of that shit is timeless, no one could do it any justice by covering it. teenage riot for fuck sake... that song used to make me want to drink loads of beer and smash up supermarkets.

My first David Kitt experience was at Reading many years ago. First he butchered 'Love is a battlefield' by Pat Benatar. Then he started a twee version of 'Transmission' by Joy Division. I ran from the tent holding my ears, how can you twee-up Joy Division?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back