David Bowie returns (1 Viewer)

ah look at him there

73371_458044747590311_1545219522_n.png

Now,I've only heard the tune once.So I could be talking out me gicker.

Just the orchestral sound in the background (you can tell I know nothing about sound production), definite hint of late 80s/early 90s Prefab Sprout (who I cannot stand)

I still really like--even if one line is delivered EXACTLY the same as 'pathetic little fat man'

video reminded me of this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The song's okay at best. The last Bowie I really liked was earthling. the comeback is really out of the blue, though. His health was a bit rocky, heart problems. All the cocaine & cigarettes caught up with him.

I haven't liked any Bowie records since about 1983 and maybe a large element of this is surprise and delight that he's still alive and kicking, but am still really liking this song after listening to it about 10 times over the course of the day. I'd like to think he has a really good record left in him and that this could be it.

I've no problem with the sound/production. Sure it's pretty generic 1980's glossy sound but that suits him, it's what he is. His days of pushing boundaries sonically and so on are well over and I think if he had realised this sooner, and concentrated on writing better songs instead, his music of the latter part of his career would have been all the better for it.

I'm sure I'll be disappointed in the album though.

Lets pick apart the lyrics and analyse them to death

Had to get the train from Potsdamer Platz
You never knew that, that I could do that

This reminds me of the time the monty burns had to take the bus because he lost his money and he sat there all delighted saying "I'm riding the bus!". I'm a rock star but this one time i went on a train! Maybe he means that he cant now because he'd be hounded by people in public, or maybe he's dying and too ill to go on the bus (hence the sour puss in the video)

i listened to heroes while i made the dinner earlier. the cat took a shit on the floor during it.

just wiki'd that film Christiane F. about the teenage drug addict bowie fan. turns out that's a true story, fuck sakes. that's depressing.

Postdamer Platz station was closed until the fall of the wall. That's what that's about you numpty.

No, I'm sorry to say that makes no sense. He probably took the train from a different station but forgets now due to senility.

Actually, he might have seen a train leaving the station on tv and confused it with his past. My old grandaunt used to the do that. She watched prisoner cell block h one night and gave out hell to my mother the next morning for leaving her in prison for the night with the dangerous women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back