David Bowie returns (4 Viewers)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
What do you think of this new song? It's very nice but combined with that video (jayzis) it's deeply depressing. david bowie sends video message from his living hell. When I woke up and saw the news I thought that whatever it sounds like it should go in the uplifting song thread but now, no.

[video=youtube_share;FOyDTy9DtHQ]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[/video]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm very pleased with this. I don't think it's depressing. I think it's nostalgic, reflective, downbeat maybe. In keeping with the fact that he is 66 years old.

Why do you say "living hell", dude? I know there were rumours about him being very ill but is there any truth to them?

It makes me think of his and my own mortality---hence , slightly depressing

I really like it though

I'm very pleased with this. I don't think it's depressing. I think it's nostalgic, reflective, downbeat maybe. In keeping with the fact that he is 66 years old.

Why do you say "living hell", dude? I know there were rumours about him being very ill but is there any truth to them?

I heard rumours about rumours but never anything specific he looks healthy enough in the video. Maybe living hell was a bit over the top but between the long face on him, the little expelling of air after he stops singing and the looking back to another time and place I concluded that he was in a living hell that awaits us all. I do like the song, it's lovely, just not very cheery.

I like the way he just lists place names in the tune.

haha-- I was wondering how a Dublin version would sound

'crap' was the answer I came up with

Song good.
Video not good.

I've seen peeps on facefook saying the video is AMAZEBALLS or whatever the current term is.

I don't mind it.Its moody.Suits the song.

One reason I like it is because its a bit shite ..proper order.he spent a day or two on it..thats plenty.Music videos are fucking stupid.You cant look at a song.

I've seen peeps on facefook saying the video is AMAZEBALLS or whatever the current term is.

I don't mind it.Its moody.Suits the song.

One reason I like it is because its a bit shite ..proper order.he spent a day or two on it..thats plenty.Music videos are fucking stupid.You cant look at a song.

Yeah, but if David Bowie took a dump on the floor peeps on Facebook would say it's amazeballs. The shots of Berlin in the background are good, but the baby bodies reminds me of bloody Bo Selecta or the crack fox from the Mighty Boosh.

Yeah, but if David Bowie took a dump on the floor peeps on Facebook would say it's amazeballs. The shots of Berlin in the background are good, but the baby bodies reminds me of bloody Bo Selecta or the crack fox from the Mighty Boosh.

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw him..that rude bear that pulls his wire all the time.

Song is great though.Moody.And the production is class.

I really like the production.Its mixed well loud.I love that.Nice sparse arrangement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back