Dave Matthews Band (1 Viewer)

mic said:
6 No.1 albums, 3 No.1 Live albums. 8th biggest touring act this year (and they only toured America), Grammys, MTV awards, Sold out Central Park and Golden Gate Bridge Park...Stadiums, The lot..
Right. And what's all this got to do with the price of beans in Leitrim? Are we supposed to be in dumbstruck awe or something? Listen, if you like Dave Matthews, fine, but for the love of fucking christ don't be bleating on about the amount of albums he's sold to people who buy five cds a year in an attempt to argue your case.

mic said:
There is not one band coming from these shores that are as innovative or musical as these guys.

And that's some horrific nonsense and all.

The reason i asked in the first place was that when i first heard them, i admit i thought they were a bit dull. But after listnening to a few of their cd's especially their live performances i was sold.

But to call them out and out SHITE, is a bit harsh. I know album sales in the US hasnt got much to do with what the irish contingent think buts its a fair good indication of how good they are.

But as in the first post, if your willing to give someone a second chance download Too Much from the album Crash, wack up the hi-fi and tell me truthfully the bass playing, drums, guitar, sax and violin is SHITE.

The thing i like about the band is that its not in sync with a typical rock band. There is not a verse, chrous, verse, chorus, middle, and then a typical bit of lead guitar, then maybe another chorus, with the lead guitar playing the melody in behind it. They vary the recipie and it tastes good.

theface said:
I know album sales in the US hasnt got much to do with what the irish contingent think buts its a fair good indication of how good they are.
Get the fuck outta here with that shite. Linkin Park sold about 24 million copies of their first album, does that make it incredible? Limp Bizkit? Hootie and the *spits* Blowfish? Counting Crows (cunting cows more like)? Dido? Creed? matchbox Twenty? J-lo? Backstreet Boys? N-Sync?

What an insanely ignorant thing to say.

theface said:
The thing i like about the band is that its not in sync with a typical rock band. There is not a verse, chrous, verse, chorus, middle, and then a typical bit of lead guitar, then maybe another chorus, with the lead guitar playing the melody in behind it. They vary the recipie and it tastes good.
WHAT??? I'M THE HEALTH INSPECTOR OF ROCK AND I'M CLOSIN' YOUR KITCHEN DOWN!! CHECK THIS OUT... ALL TRUE.. MY GRANDFATHER WAS A FOOTBALLER FOR MAYO BACK IN THE DAY. HE WAS COUNTY CAPTAIN AND ALSO HAD THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR TEAM-SOCIAL EVENTS ETC.... HE PLAYED A BIT OF GUITAR AND IN 1952 HE INVENTED THE CLASSIC ROCK VERSE CHORUS VERSE CHORUS MIDDLE GUITAR SOLO CHORUS SOLO VERSR CHORUS CHORUS. HE'D GET THE LADS TO SET UP IN A CHURCH HALL AND THERE'D BE A BIT OF A DO. HE NEVER GOT CREDIT BUT I THINK HE PREFERRED IT THAT WAY. I REMEMBER HIM SINGIN' AND STRUMMIN' AS HE DRIFTED INTO OLD AGE. DAVE MATHEWS SHOWS MY GRANDAD NO RESPECT. THE CONWAY SISTERS ARE LIVIN' IN MY GIRLFRIEND'S DAD'S CHILHOOD HOME. BITCHES.
ALL TRUE QUANDO!!

seanc said:
in fairness........

Saying DMB is for people who don't like music doesn't make any sense at all. There one of the most musical bunch of fuckers I've ever seen. Do you not hear the guitar riffs, the drum beats, the bass and all the rest?

I dunno where you're coming out with this stuff lads. Seriously, I just don't know. None of yee are making any sense

Go find a live DVD or CD of them somewhere and watch it and/or listen to it, and tell me that they're not worthy of a bit more respect.

in fairness
I just think that if you think Dave Matthews Band is/are amazing then you maybe haven't got a very wide taste in music. The songwriting is pretty bland and it doesn't matter how musically capable they are if they haven't got the songs.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Get the fuck outta here with that shite. Linkin Park sold about 24 million copies of their first album, does that make it incredible? Limp Bizkit? Hootie and the *spits* Blowfish? Counting Crows (cunting cows more like)? Dido? Creed? matchbox Twenty? J-lo? Backstreet Boys? N-Sync?

What an insanely ignorant thing to say.

Ignorant???

All im saying is for any band to start off playing in their mates gaff, like every band in ireland, to go on and sell so many albums is even slightly impressive.

But saying you dont have a wide taste in music just cause you listen to DMB, now thats a bit ignorant.

Anywho. Looks like van halen will be sticking to his guns of verse,chorus,!zed ,chorus,!zed ,!zed .

Wilbert said:
Avernus, I am completely re-evaluating my opinion of you. You used to be cool, man!!!

whateva!

true about the musicianship bidness, but thats not why I like them. although carter beauford is pretty sexy chewing bubblegum and drilling the shit outta his drums. they do have some great songs, but they do also have some bland ones.

worth mentioning - I dont agree with that tirading dude. the "selling albums = they rool" arguement is retarded.

Wilbert said:
I just think that if you think Dave Matthews Band is/are amazing then you maybe haven't got a very wide taste in music. The songwriting is pretty bland and it doesn't matter how musically capable they are if they haven't got the songs.

I take your point. I reckon I've got a fairly wide taste in music, but it could always be wider.

Yeah I know some of it's pretty bland. I pretty much hate the "everyday" album, but that has something to do with producer changes and stuff like that blah blah blah.........

But really though, when its good, its great. its anything but bland. There's far too much goin on. I think you're missing out on a lot. Like I said before, check out a live album. It is amazing.

I'd wish to state at this point that, like the rebel songs thread, I would like this thread to die please.
Its a rep vacuum

Like I said before,

glen said:
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE
SHITESHITESHITE

Can that dude tell me these innovative and musical bands cause i wanna see them? (Not a joke)

And anyone who says their songwriting is bland is a joker....tell me the names of these songs???

I have an extremeley wide taste in music, not gonna shite on about that tho...im just gonna give DMB the respect they deserve..
Also i have been to approx 600 gigs since my birth 23 years ago and have yet to see any band that can top the DMB gig i was at in July....

you really don't have to take it personally.

so a number of people, including me, think they suck. big fuckin deal.

for the record i personally find that their songs, hooks and lyrics are overused, uninspiring and boring.

get over it. no one really gives a fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back