Dave Matthews Band (2 Viewers)

theface said:
I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but shit, i never seen such a turrid of abuse thrown at a band.

I asked what people thought of them in ireland, and i think i got a clear answer.

As for boring, i could never agree. Maybe if they played live here, it might turn a few heads. The quality of improv the DMB play at gigs in amazing.

Ian

you tell those dave matthews guys IRELAND SAYS 'NO'

glen said:
Hootie & the Blowtards
HERE'S A GREAT STORY!!! ALL TRUE. MY COUSIN OVER IN BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA ENDED UP GOIN' TO A FUCKIN' HOOTIE GIG 'CAUSE HE WAS WITH A PILE OF FRIENDS ETC....(DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF "FRIENDS" THESE ARE. I'LL HAVE TO HAVE A WORD WITH HIM). ANYWAYZ, YOU CAN IMAGINE THE SENSE OF IMPENDING DOOM WAITING FOR THEM TO COME OUT AND BLOWFISH ON THE STAGE. FUCKIN' CHECK THIS SHIT OUT THOUGH....
AS HOOTIE AND HIS BAND COME OUT ON STAGE TO SUCK ASS... THE LIGHTING GUY HITS HIS CUES ETC... THING IS THEY'RE STILL SET FOR THE GIG ON THE FOLLOWING NIGHT. DOWN COMES GEORGE CLINTONS MOTHERSHIP IN A BLAST OF DRY ICE. HE LOST 47 POUNDS LAUGHING.. THE MOTHERSHIP AND HOOTIE!!! AND REAL HOOTIE PLANS GETTIN' UPSET!!!
AAAHHH HA HA HA HA HA ALLAHQUANDO!!!

in fairness........

Saying DMB is for people who don't like music doesn't make any sense at all. There one of the most musical bunch of fuckers I've ever seen. Do you not hear the guitar riffs, the drum beats, the bass and all the rest?

I dunno where you're coming out with this stuff lads. Seriously, I just don't know. None of yee are making any sense

Go find a live DVD or CD of them somewhere and watch it and/or listen to it, and tell me that they're not worthy of a bit more respect.

in fairness

I guess if we're playing gigs we shouldnt put DMB down as an influence to draw in a potential crowd. Maybe we need a bit more "RAWK"..|..|

I'll pass on the message, that the irish massive just aint interested.

photon said:
Nibblonian 1: "It's a genetic abnormality which resulted when you went back in time and performed certain actions which made you your own grandfather."

Fry: "I did do the nasty in the pasty!"

Nibblonian 2: "Verily. And that past nastification is what shields you from the brains. You are the last hope of the universe."

Fry: "So, I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?"

Nibblonian 1: "Yes. Except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock."

damn, beat me to it.

glen said:
What's the last 5 albums you listened to?

Okee dokee.

The last 5 albums I listened to were (in no particular order):
- Therapy? Troublegum - based on recommendations from my good fellow Thumpers
- DMB Live at Golden Gate Bridge - in my mates car while we drive around the country.
- Tom Waits Used Songs - a nice xmas present, I'm liking it, listen to it when I'm going to sleep
- Radiohead Ok Computer - for nostalgia, and love
- Stand Beautiful Grey - cuz I saw em before xmas and I'm gonna be seeing them again. As well as some personal reasons. Great live band.

Now, I'm not an expert on DMB. I'm saying they deserve a bit of respect. I know a lot of you people are in bands/play music. As musicians, you should give the DMB a bit more credit.

That's all I'm saying.

What's the last 5 albums you listened to my friend?

Ok so, You guys especially GLEN have amazed me...
the Dave Matthews Band are, without a shadow of doubt, the best band in the world at the moment in my opinion.
There is not one band coming from these shores that are as innovative or musical as these guys...
6 No.1 albums, 3 No.1 Live albums. 8th biggest touring act this year (and they only toured America), Grammys, MTV awards, Sold out Central Park and Golden Gate Bridge Park...Stadiums, The lot..
Their music is so original and really they dont sound like "Hootie and the blowfish", Just cause they are "American" (Dave Matthews is from South Africa, By the way)

So to finish im gonna give DMB my blessing...More Irish people should listen to them, then we might chill out instead of being a nation of begrudgers.
Peace.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back