Darkroom (1 Viewer)

Cool. Scan it in and post it here. I'll fix it up in photoshop later. ;)

Be mad interested in seeing the results. Did you use filters, etc?

I've a couple of shit pinholes on me flickr I did recently and made from the prints. Must have a root.

photoshop shmotoshop!!!! the cheek.

see i never knew this, but you can make so many different prints from the one negative. depends which aperture settings you expose it at and how long for, if you burn a little here and there....

some people in the know may think it's a shit print but i havent stopped looking at it all week. nerd alert!!

i swear - christmas and birthday presents from now on.

photoshop shmotoshop!!!! the cheek.

see i never knew this, but you can make so many different prints from the one negative. depends which aperture settings you expose it at and how long for, if you burn a little here and there....

some people in the know may think it's a shit print but i havent stopped looking at it all week. nerd alert!!

i swear - christmas and birthday presents from now on.

even a shit black and white print produced in a darkroom looks better than the equivalent black and white print produced using all but the highest end digital printers etc. talking about the actual print here, not necessarily the on screen version of the image.

even a shit black and white print produced in a darkroom looks better than the equivalent black and white print produced using all but the highest end digital printers etc. talking about the actual print here, not necessarily the on screen version of the image.

I'd disagree with that. It's all about the paper and the ink. AND the camera/lens. But then, it's totally subjective really. That's owing to the amount of really shit B&W prints I've seen in my day.

There's a buke in Hodges Figgis I was looking at today about printing B&W you might be interested in, LaLa. Think it was called The Printer's B&W Manual or some such thing. There are a few decent titles around. If you really get into it.

Until you come back to the Dark Side. Where the future's at....

no way man! im never coming back from the darkside, EVER!!! buke sounds cvool though.

ok here we go - like jraz said about pictures of prints, thats what im postnig here. a scan would give a better idea of quality but whatever.

enjoy!!

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00015-1.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

they look shit and bland and out of focus but in real life, i think they turned out deadly. chuffed, i am :D

I like Bike

i'll make you one if you want.

also - i plan on spending more time in the darkroom now seeing as it's only a tenner a pop for Gallery of Photog members.

you get three hours for a tenner. would anyone be interested in partnering up for some of these? they allow three to use a room per session.

also - i plan on spending more time in the darkroom now seeing as it's only a tenner a pop for Gallery of Photog members.

you get three hours for a tenner. would anyone be interested in partnering up for some of these? they allow three to use a room per session.

Only a tenner? They must have dropped their prices .... used to be 15 or something ...

I definitely would be interested! must try to get it together again, also you must tell us all your secrets, anyones i've tried with limited instructions in the college darkrooms, have turned out a bit washed-out looking, those have nice contrast going on.

cool. once exams are out of the way i'll start block-booking.

and i'm by no means an expert - you just have to toy around with exposure times and grades on test sheets before you get the look you want - but i find that fun to do anyway. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back