dan brown (1 Viewer)

snakybus I shake my fist at thee :)

Decided against reading books anymore, at least for a little while. They have too much bloody influence on me, I start half-thinking I am the main protagonist, it's so hard to sort my head out afterwards. Not healthy at all

egg_ said:

Decided against reading books anymore, at least for a little while. They have too much bloody influence on me, I start half-thinking I am the main protagonist, it's so hard to sort my head out afterwards. Not healthy at all
well here, don't read any serial killer biographies....

I read about a third of Angels and Demons - it was fucking shite. And I wouldn't even bother reading The Da Vinci Code - read The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail - the book he plagiarised.

I read about a third of Angels and Demons - it was fucking shite. And I wouldn't even bother reading The Da Vinci Code - read The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail - the book he plagiarised.

He didn't plagiarise it, as was proven in court.

Yes, he used part of the premise in his buke. But the difference is his buke was fiction. The other one was, as Baignent and Leigh are at pains to tell us, fact.

The DaVinci Code is a good, badly written, read. But it's the same as his other bukes. They all have the same plot. As artistic literature, he's a piss poor writer, with one trick.

If you were to read one of them, read The DaVinci Code.

read The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail - the book he plagiarised.
I found that extremely unreadable. Most of the dan brown stuff though i found very readable (as someone who very very rarely reads fiction). They're holiday/travelling books really, easy on the brain, good bit of suspense, easy characters and enough interesting info to keep you interested for the duration of a train journey or whatever. Preferred angels and demons to da vinci code. As for "artistic literature", that's a bit like comparing Woody Allen with Friends.

I got that with Crime and Punishment. It was scaaaary.

You should read some non fiction. That thing doesn't happen with non fiction. At least, I don't think I'm Mao Tse Tung at the moment.

I'm reading the Count of Monte Cristo. The most seriously page-turning book I have ever read. Went through 450 pages in one week (I usually read about 100 per week). A really enjoyable read.

I managed about a third of the DaVinci Code..

shiiiiiiiiiite. it's like Spot for adults.

There's Spot.

See Spot run.

What's that chasing you Spot?

It's not your tail. It's a homicidal albino monk!

I got that with Crime and Punishment. It was scaaaary.

You should read some non fiction. That thing doesn't happen with non fiction. At least, I don't think I'm Mao Tse Tung at the moment.

Everything is fiction.

copyright: college.

He didn't plagiarise it, as was proven in court.

Yes, he used part of the premise in his buke. But the difference is his buke was fiction. The other one was, as Baignent and Leigh are at pains to tell us, fact.

The DaVinci Code is a good, badly written, read. But it's the same as his other bukes. They all have the same plot. As artistic literature, he's a piss poor writer, with one trick.

If you were to read one of them, read The DaVinci Code.

I thought it was good - DaVinci Code but them all I wanted at the time was mind numbing reading - I was flying at the time and was stuck in a plane for what seems like ages. Digital Fortress was quite good.
:cool: Wiz

About two years ago my mates bird told me about a book called 'The DaVinci Code' and made out that it was a secret underground book that would bring down the Catholic Church so I thought I'd have to check it out.

The next day I went into Eason and asked the girl at the helpdesk if she'd ever heard of a book called 'The Davinci Code' by Dan Brown, thinking she'd either say "no" and I'd laugh at her not being as cool as me or she'd say "yes" and be impressed at my knowledge of hip, cult literature.

Unfortunatley she just looked at me with nothing but contempt then half heartedly gestured in the direction of a MASSIVE display covering about three shelves full of the aforementioned book :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back