Cymbal Repair Services (1 Viewer)

Drumboogie

Do you have a cracked cymbal that you think that has had it's day? Here's an alternative to buying a brand new one.

The basic premise of what I do is to remove the area of cracked cymbal and finish and shape it so it eliminates any chance of the crack continuing. Feed back from drummers whose cymbals I've worked on has been very positive.

I charge €25 per crack or cracked area and €15 per crack after that, (on the same cymbal).

I'm a drummer myself and based in Central Dublin . If you'd like to see examples of my work or have any questions in general please get in touch.

Thanks,

Phil

Can you put up a photo of one you've cut there to see how close you cut it. Also what do you cut them with.

Thanks

Do you have a cracked cymbal that you think that has had it's day? Here's an alternative to buying a brand new one.

The basic premise of what I do is to remove the area of cracked cymbal and finish and shape it so it eliminates any chance of the crack continuing. Feed back from drummers whose cymbals I've worked on has been very positive.

I charge €25 per crack or cracked area and €15 per crack after that, (on the same cymbal).

I'm a drummer myself and based in Central Dublin . If you'd like to see examples of my work or have any questions in general please get in touch.

Thanks,

Phil
Can yo do anything with broken heads or sticks?
thanks.

Broken Heads: If you cut the outer edge off and the inner part out leaving an o-ring with a diameter of an inch, they make great haed dampeners.

Broken Sticks: Sharpen with pen knife and use to kill vampires.

I guess €50 but I'd have to see the cymbals to make an exact quote.

Sure you're the 1st person to ask so I'll do two cymbals for €50 regardless of how many cracks. Just note though I'd have to see the cymbals to be sure that I can work on them. I've seen some funny cracks that may be beyond repair, like ones that run right up to the bell of the cymbal.

I used this service last week for a 20" Paiste Ride ive had years. Worked out really well, The sound is lighter but its still a really nice sound.

......8 months later....you can indeed work on a cymbal that has a crack at the bell. I call these 'bell cracks' and I've done quite a few. It's amazing how little the cymbal is effected by removing the area around the cymbal.

I've a FB page with loads of picks of previous work including bell crack work. Put Cymbal Repair into the search bar when you are next logged in.

All the best,

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back