Cyclists, do you have a bike rack at home? (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
Anybody have a bike rack at home that they lock their bike too? If so what do you have, and where did you get it?

Had my bike stolen last weekend. I live in a small terraced house so bringing the bike through is a pain in the hoop. Looking for a couple of U racks that I can bolt or cement into the ground in my driveway. Getting a new bike on Friday so I want it sorted asap.

there is one you can get that screws into the wall. when you put a lock through it it blocks access to the screws. I'm sure a good wrestle would get it from the wall though. I think that would be the case with most,without it being something permanent. But then you're bike could be spotted and the thief can bring back suitable tools to break the lock.

Could you bring the bike inside and hang it up anywhere? Do you have a porch?

Yeah, one of those indoor racks that make the bike higher than your head thus not in the way are nice. I had one in my apartment years ago because both of us had bikes. One was above the other... however if you just have one and you're tall, it could work if you've a hallway.

photo.jpg

Could you bring the bike inside and hang it up anywhere? Do you have a porch?

no porch and there is zero room for the bikes in the house

yeah, that could work.

I use this. Easy to put in, takes up very little space and you're not storing your bike in the rain.

It sucks that your bike got nicked.

PuLArKTOmU88eNgZKSC1XadR2I0YjFV06v7GZ8mgupuElJ6DS6JBw2UuRnqKgTaIGxHj8QG8i7E-F6hwDwfruraOZ8RmOejhZAJYYvzQJFN0QMhGlt0Vzae2uiUpKBdRIjbrTeyjJReeE3qcK33jPeZg6DDs

spacer.gif
10489298.jpg

i wonder would that go in the ground?

you could install a combination of these in your driveway

dog111.jpg

I leave all my good bikes in the house. One advantage of being a billy-no-bird loser is that I have no one to give out to me for doing so (3 bikes total)

I had a bike that eventually got nicked. Prior to it being all out stolen, some knacker attempted to break the lock. The lock was one of those small D kryptonite which did a fair bit of damage to the frame, they buckled a wheel in their vain attempt.

If I were to get another bike, I'd be more worried about a failed attempt like that.

It's why I refuse to get another one. Every bike I've owned in the last ten years has been stolen no matter the lock.
Are you locking correctly? I regularly lock a pretty decent bike around town at night and it has been fine so far. I always use 2 locks though.

These videos are fun and informative, you'll find yourself grading other people's locking methods after watching.
http://www.streetfilms.org/hal-grades-your-bike-locking/
www.streetfilms.org/hal-grades-your-bike-locking-3-the-final-warning/

I think we may have a winner. can get that for around 50 delivered on ebay.

Unfortunately this is true.

I dunno, I've avoided it up to now. I went away at the weekend and some opportunistic prick had a go. They left the wifes bike (worth more, two locks, had bike seat attached) and took mine (one lock). I'm confedant enough i can avoid getting this another one nicked. I virtually never lock the bike in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back