• Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

pad

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
is anyone doing that? is anyone cycling to the picnic. is it insanity to even consider it? anyone got any idea how long it might take? like if i gave my bags to someone else. and then how about getting back on the monday. would that be hell?

is anyone doing that? is anyone cycling to the picnic. is it insanity to even consider it? anyone got any idea how long it might take? like if i gave my bags to someone else. and then how about getting back on the monday. would that be hell?

considering how most people feel in body and mind when monday morning rolls around, i'm gonna say: YES.

I'd consider cycling from Stradbally, it'd definitely be quicker than driving or walking, and it'd be grand on the Monday too. From any further away wouldn't be such a good plan.

My mates considering cycling from Dublin, seems utter madness to me you'd be knackered getting there on Friday and probably a danger onthe roads leaving on Monday.
Another friend cycled over to the airport when we were going on a short trip to Portugal after a couple days of drinking it took all my persuading for for to not leave his bike in the airport eventually he had to walk it home which took him bout 3 hours. I'd say youd be in a worse state after Electric Picnic.

can't imagine theres any safe way to cycle to Stradbally. From PortLaoise might not be so bad, but the roads from Dublin are pretty shit.

I reckon you'd be wrecked after a spin like that (5 or so hours), and you'd be in humour for resting when you got there, so its probably not a great idea. From Dublin that is. From Portlaoise, great.

yeah. well what about giving my gear to my mates and cycling from portlaoise?

I don't know where you are or if you cycle much, but if you're cycling from Dublin and haven't cycled 60 miles before, forget about it. It'll probably piss rain, and your legs will be utterly fucked all weekend.

I don't even want to think about cycling back on the Monday. That's just masochism.

yeah i was thinking of getting the train to portlaoise with the bike and then cycling from there. maybe.
if i can't get a lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back