Cycling/Bicycle People...?? (2 Viewers)

Fucking right they where.
I remeber the trach Riyn cut out of the forest at the back Prince Williams seat.Best single track ever.
I rode XC too boss.Came third in the under sixteens league xc when I was younger.Training of course,didnt enjoy it because xc was for losers;) .

The only riding I have done lately is on my BMX at the skatepark when the kids are all in school and I should really be in College.

Its the only chance I get to ride BMX without embbaracing myself in front of 15 year old skater kids.:eek:

Always toying with idea of getting a road bike but I dont think Im old enough yet haha.

did you read that book "The Death of Marco Pantani"
Amazing.

Hey you didnt know John Mc Carthy from Kerry did you?

Third eh? Not bad. Truth be told, I was a shit cyclist. I was with Sorento CC for a while. And did nothing at all there worth talking about basically. Staying in the pack was good enough for me.

I think I did know John Mc Carthy. Its been ages. Tell me more. Was he that Nutcase that used to work in Hardings doing security? He scared me that lad. Honest to God.

Third eh? Not bad. Truth be told, I was a shit cyclist. I was with Sorento CC for a while. And did nothing at all there worth talking about basically. Staying in the pack was good enough for me.

I think I did know John Mc Carthy. Its been ages. Tell me more. Was he that Nutcase that used to work in Hardings doing security? He scared me that lad. Honest to God.

I used to be sponsored by Superstore/Scott for a season.Got a third in the Downhill League and then the team folded the next year as did me ever riding competively again.

Nah he was too small to do security,really good road cyclist about your age but he packed it in two years ago for travelling and indulging himself in the devils vices.

edit--oh yeah third in a round of the cross country in Wexford not the league.

But third overall in Downhill.Could never beat these two Nordy dudes.They were nuts good.I think one of em is pro now.

I used to be sponsored by Superstore/Scott for a season.Got a third in the Downhill League and then the team folded the next year as did me ever riding competively again.

Nah he was too small to do security,really good road cyclist about your age but he packed it in two years ago for travelling and indulging himself in the devils vices.

edit--oh yeah third in a round of the cross country in Wexford not the league.

But third overall in Downhill.Could never beat these two Nordy dudes.They were nuts good.I think one of em is pro now.

Some of the lads from Sorento were suprisingly fond of the Devils vices. I remember Willy Byrne arriving in hung over for races.

He was still better than me.
Although, one time, I touched off his bike, and ripped out all his spokes in his front wheel in a race.
THAT was a bit embarasing.

Some of the lads from Sorento were suprisingly fond of the Devils vices. I remember Willy Byrne arriving in hung over for races.

He was still better than me.
Although, one time, I touched off his bike, and ripped out all his spokes in his front wheel in a race.
THAT was a bit embarasing.

Ah sure the way I see it you have to sacrifice every other aspect of your life to be the best in cycling and most people arent willing to that so its best just to do it for fun.

I really want to ride the Santiago de Compestella but this year again havent gotten around it due to lack of fitness/funds etc.

I think touring would be amazing but I have never done it.

here, bikey people, I get this clicking in the pedals (I think) when I cycle, especially when I put some leather into it. Any idea what that might be? Ball bearings? How do I get rid of it, it's disconcerting.

here, bikey people, I get this clicking in the pedals (I think) when I cycle, especially when I put some leather into it. Any idea what that might be? Ball bearings? How do I get rid of it, it's disconcerting.

hmm,bottom bracket maybe...if its coming from in between the pedals.generally you hear clicking for a long time before it actually breaks so id say (if it is this) keep riding cause you`ll probably have to get a new one anyway.
now ill wait for someone to corrrect me :rolleyes:

from my experience that clicking usually means a ball bearing has been crushed. depending on where that bearing is you'll have to replace the entire part.
you can keep cycling with it broken, but i always think that it leads to more stress on other parts, so the longer you leave it the more damage to other parts you'll cause. maybe

who do people rate best for bicycle repairs? i've always sworn by mcdonalds on wexford st, but over the last year or two it seems to be getting more pricey and the services not as thorough

I find their burgers better

I'm not sure of the name of it, but it's also on Wexford/Camden Street - two guys in there, one's a big beefy metaller type, the other is older and talking to him is like wading through mud.

Not the best service in the world.

Is that the one? Or is it the one opposite the motorbike place you're talking about?

I find their burgers better

I'm not sure of the name of it, but it's also on Wexford/Camden Street - two guys in there, one's a big beefy metaller type, the other is older and talking to him is like wading through mud.

Not the best service in the world.

Is that the one? Or is it the one opposite the motorbike place you're talking about?

The metaller is my mate Kearney and he doesnt work there anymore.
The other guy is deaf and cant speak clearly because of it.

What causes brakes to become squeaky? My front brakes are embrassingly loud when i use them.

Vibration from improperly adjusted pads innit. You can "toe them in" (point the front of the shoes slightly in towards the rim, as opposed to perfectly parallel) and that should do you. Or get those stammering amateurs at the bike rack to do it for you.

yeah. bottom bracket bearings.
Or, it might be your cranks are slightly loose on the BB axle.
Or, it might mean that your Pedals are jocked.

Probably bottom bracket though. Get them to make sure the cranks are on tight, and then ride it till it breaks.

What causes brakes to become squeaky? My front brakes are embrassingly loud when i use them.

Hitting the rims too flat.
You should have them set so that the leading edge (front most part) of the pad touches just before the rest of the pad does. The pad gets dragged onto the rim, and this will dampen out any vibes.

Also, pads go off way before the wear out. Get new pads, softer rubber, and you will brake better.

The metaller is my mate Kearney and he doesnt work there anymore.
The other guy is deaf and cant speak clearly because of it.

No way, I had no idea! I was wondering why he never seemed to understand me. I hope I didn't offend. :(

Are you sure your mate is the same guy? He was working there very recently.

No way, I had no idea! I was wondering why he never seemed to understand me. I hope I didn't offend. :(

Are you sure your mate is the same guy? He was working there very recently.

Not sure.
Not offended just pointing it out incase anybody else goes into the shop.
I dont know him.

as a cyclist, it really annoys me when i see eejits riding bikes:
- on the foot path
- without helmets

those eejits piss me off

another thing that really annoys me is when SUV drivers try to kill me

Dont knock it till you've tried it man.
The looks on their little faces... "
Good days. "Ohhhh My bike, my bike... "

GOOD days. "AND STAY DOWN, YOU CATHOLIC DOGS.. BROOooooomm".

as a cyclist, it really annoys me when i see eejits riding bikes:
- on the foot path
- without helmets

those eejits piss me off

understand the cycling on a footpath but no helmets?whats that about?bike helmets are terrible,so uncool :rolleyes:

and yes suvs are bollocks but ive found taxi drivers to be the worst drivers,think they can do as they please.

Riding without a helmet is just plain stupid.
I broke three over the years and one of them was was whn I went straight into a taxi coming out a side street without looking.
It will save your life or even better will nearly ensure you dont spend the rest of it as a vegetable which would suck for you but even worse for your immediate family whose lives will be ruined by having to look after you.

The caved in skull look is definitley out this season Deafmute.

oh i can understand the safety part alright just never ever wore one.had numberous crashes never landed on or hurt me head though.and i like to think if i was a vegetable one of my mates would have the foresight to pull the plug or pump me full of morphine or something.dont wanna be another teri schiavo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back