Cycling/Bicycle People...?? (1 Viewer)

Oh right. The cheapo spaghetti bikes. Yeah, well those frames are muck alright. Thats why you hvae to do the pushing in the cranks and bending the frame test.

Maybe I am totally wrong about the markup on new bikes.
I was factoring in the labour cost of prepping the new bike also, now that I think of it. I worked in Harding's a long time ago. We put a bit of mark up on the cheap bikes, % wise, cause it took ages to get them road ready. But, the higher end bikes, I thought it was less. Cant remember what though. The other stuff though, was at 40% ish alright. I think the philosphy in Hardings at one point is, sell them the bike by any means nessesary, and then try to make money by selling the side stuff. Having said that, it might be noted that Hardings went bust.

Where are you working BTW? I was almost going to move to Cycle ways, before Hardings went belly up. Instead I went to college. And met Billy Gannon. Who is on thumped. !zed

Full circle. My life. The end.

I actually work with a dude who's Uncle owned Hardings.I used to go in their on Saturdays and buy those shitty second hand deraillers from the second hand boxes.

I have worked in Cycle Superstore and Cycle Inn in Tallaght and I work part time in Sean Duff Cycles in Santry/Donaghmeade at the moment but thankfully when I finish my degree next year I can say goodbye to fixing bikes for cash forever.Still better than working in a shop or Mc Donalds part time though.

Im trying to get into building wheels privately for people but unfortunatly Mavic have gone and fucked that up for me with their wheel packages over the last few years...............Cool wheelsets though it must be said.

most of the stuff we sell is pretty decent quality so set up time between a high end and entry level bike is about ten minutes tops....but you know yourself the entry level still come back with BB problems etc.

that place on wexford/camden street.......what the fuck is it called....cant remember,about halfway up the street on the left leaving town.reasonably priced too.get one,theyre only gorgeous.
Pennyfarthing Cycles is where you are thinking of.

Try Cycle Inn in Tallaght as it is run by a dude who actually rides bikes himself and runs a club so his shop is worth supporting.

Otherwise,Tripoli

Sean Duffs
Cycleways
Cyclogical
Cyclesuperstore

ring first to make sure they the dealership.

Avoid

Hollingsworth
Mail Order.....warranty a pain in the hole

yeah penny farthing,thats the one,absolutely useless with names.
dead right about hollingsworth,bunch of shite bags.not too fond of that one of the quays either,cycleogical i think it is.arrogant bastards,barely give you time of the day in there.

yeah penny farthing,thats the one,absolutely useless with names.
dead right about hollingsworth,bunch of shite bags.not too fond of that one of the quays either,cycleogical i think it is.arrogant bastards,barely give you time of the day in there.

Yeah,cycological is a pretty high end shop so it attracts the same kind of wankers that work in Guitar shops who tell to "be careful man,thats an expensive guitar" when you so much as look at a Gibson etc.
I might have actually bought some of my shit in Dublin if the people in the music shops werent such cunts.

Yeah,cycological is a pretty high end shop so it attracts the same kind of wankers that work in Guitar shops who tell to "be careful man,thats an expensive guitar" when you so much as look at a Gibson etc.
I might have actually bought some of my shit in Dublin if the people in the music shops werent such cunts.

Ha ha ha ha. Fucking class. Cycological are still staffed by wankers? Jesus they looked down their nose at us when we dropped over to see what they had.

DIRTY FINGERNAILS??? You can put that XTR rear mech STRAIGHT BACK DOWN, thank you sir.

ill go along with that sentiment,maybe one day it`ll fall into the liffey.and all the muzak stores will be razed to the ground.we can hope.wish the bank would hurry up and give me money so i can buy a new bike.left my last one in the states,seemed like a good idea at the time!
speaking of which anyone biked america?was considering it for next year,new york to florida.

I actually work with a dude who's Uncle owned Hardings.I used to go in their on Saturdays and buy those shitty second hand deraillers from the second hand boxes.

I have worked in Cycle Superstore and Cycle Inn in Tallaght and I work part time in Sean Duff Cycles in Santry/Donaghmeade at the moment but thankfully when I finish my degree next year I can say goodbye to fixing bikes for cash forever.Still better than working in a shop or Mc Donalds part time though.

Im trying to get into building wheels privately for people but unfortunatly Mavic have gone and fucked that up for me with their wheel packages over the last few years...............Cool wheelsets though it must be said.

most of the stuff we sell is pretty decent quality so set up time between a high end and entry level bike is about ten minutes tops....but you know yourself the entry level still come back with BB problems etc.

Yeah yeah. He was an American dude that guy. I remember him coming in once in a while. I didnt give a shite, but everyone else was shitting themselves.
There was a lad that came to work in Hardings at one point, Emm, Declan something or other. He still works in bike shops round the place last I heard. He might even have his own shop.

Do you know him then?

Do you remember Brock, and Peter, and Wocey, and Al, and all the heads out of Hardings? You might have seen me. I was a mechanic normally, although I worked on the floor if we were busy. And the ladies were looking stylish.

I was the skinny bastard, black floppy hair, honking massive nose. Dreamy eyes.

Here, you know who used to come into Hardings loads? Martin Cahill. And his slightly *ahem* touched brother. They would just stand about for hours, asking retarded questions. Ha ha ha.
Hardings was a DAYsunt bike shop so it was.

Ha ha ha ha. Fucking class. Cycological are still staffed by wankers? Jesus they looked down their nose at us when we dropped over to see what they had.

DIRTY FINGERNAILS??? You can put that XTR rear mech STRAIGHT BACK DOWN, thank you sir.

Dunno,an old friend of mine used to manage it,sound but deffo a snobby cunt if you didnt know your shit haha.

ill go along with that sentiment,maybe one day it`ll fall into the liffey.and all the muzak stores will be razed to the ground.we can hope.wish the bank would hurry up and give me money so i can buy a new bike.left my last one in the states,seemed like a good idea at the time!
speaking of which anyone biked america?was considering it for next year,new york to florida.

The heat can be a bastard. I get used to it, but, yeah, its still really hot at times. Em, just drink loads and loads.
A lot of the lads here are posers though. Dont let the flash bikes intimidate you. I kicked some lad on a Columbus Masters ass on me MTB with slicks on a hill.

Mincer.

yeah can only imagine what the heat is like,even walking in florida had me sweating like a pig running a marathon.the roads reasonable enough then?and any idea on time frame?im useless working out distances etc but was a cycle courier for years so well used to plenty of cycling...

Dunno,an old friend of mine used to manage it,sound but deffo a snobby cunt if you didnt know your shit haha.

I dunno. It was just after it opened, and there were a load of really young sort of groupie types siting on their arse behind that desk thing there, whispering to them selves 'they're the lads from HARDINGS!!', and trying to herd us on our way.
We just wanted to have a bit of a sniff about. See what and XTR rear mech actually looked like in the flesh. :rolleyes:

yeah can only imagine what the heat is like,even walking in florida had me sweating like a pig running a marathon.the roads reasonable enough then?and any idea on time frame?im useless working out distances etc but was a cycle courier for years so well used to plenty of cycling...

I would imagine the roads are really good, since it never freezes there. Up north, where I am they arent so great, but, yeah, should be grand that direction. I have only been to Flo a few times. Mental drivers though. Dangerous mother fuckers. Stick to the standard biker haunts, or quiet roads.

Yeah yeah. He was an American dude that guy. I remember him coming in once in a while. I didnt give a shite, but everyone else was shitting themselves.
There was a lad that came to work in Hardings at one point, Emm, Declan something or other. He still works in bike shops round the place last I heard. He might even have his own shop.

Do you know him then?

Do you remember Brock, and Peter, and Wocey, and Al, and all the heads out of Hardings? You might have seen me. I was a mechanic normally, although I worked on the floor if we were busy. And the ladies were looking stylish.

I was the skinny bastard, black floppy hair, honking massive nose. Dreamy eyes.

Here, you know who used to come into Hardings loads? Martin Cahill. And his slightly *ahem* touched brother. They would just stand about for hours, asking retarded questions. Ha ha ha.
Hardings was a DAYsunt bike shop so it was.

James is the guy I know he is about twenty four now I think.
Hahah we get the monk in from time to time and Marty fucking Whelan.
Nah dude I was only about fourteen or fifteen so you dudes where probably watching me to make sure I didnt shop lift and wouldnt give the kids the time of day if they spoke to yis;) ...like me now.

I know Al,he used to work in the Superstore for a bit but he worked in Cycle Inn too.Went mountainbiking with him a few times in IMBRC club with Mick and John Jordan.Dunno if you them guys..sound dudes.

Al was pretty good at racing as far I remember.XC of course.
i was a too cool for school downhiller.

yeah definitely a lot of pricks down that way,just screaming abuse cause i was on a bike,damn rednecks.cheers for the advice though,if i do it ill come see you in new jersey ;)

New York City really.
Here, if you want a road that will get your love wee going, look up "Blue Ridge Parkway" (North Carrolina / Virginia)

Amazing amazing road.

New York City really.
Here, if you want a road that will get your love wee going, look up "Blue Ridge Parkway" (North Carrolina / Virginia)

Amazing amazing road.

seen a show about that one actually,it is truly scrumptious.not a bad idea at all,was gonna drop into atlanta if i was to cycle it and i just love north carolina.im getting all excited already and i havent even decided im really doing it!

Al was pretty good at racing as far I remember.XC of course.
i was a too cool for school downhiller.

Ha ha ha. Fucking downhillers.
I was a roadie. A proper cyclist.

Although, I went out with Joe McCaul and Robyn Seymour there a few times. Animals man.

Animals. Jesus. Words fail me. They monstered the living shit out of me.

The only brake I got was when Robin saw a tree cutter upper. We stopped, him transfixed for about 10 minutes. I was creased out over the handlebars saying "hmmmm, yeah, interesting" staring at the ground, trying not to hallucinate any more.

seen a show about that one actually,it is truly scrumptious.not a bad idea at all,was gonna drop into atlanta if i was to cycle it and i just love north carolina.im getting all excited already and i havent even decided im really doing it!

Do it man. Seriously. Bike shit is pretty cheap out here too. Bring a digital camera, and you will be cool and the gang. I want to do it at some point. On my SV650, and a half decent road bike.

Ha ha ha. Fucking downhillers.
I was a roadie. A proper cyclist.

Although, I went out with Joe McCaul and Robyn Seymour there a few times. Animals man.

Animals. Jesus. Words fail me. They monstered the living shit out of me.

The only brake I got was when Robin saw a tree cutter upper. We stopped, him transfixed for about 10 minutes. I was creased out over the handlebars saying "hmmmm, yeah, interesting" staring at the ground, trying not to hallucinate any more.

Fucking right they where.
I remeber the trach Riyn cut out of the forest at the back Prince Williams seat.Best single track ever.
I rode XC too boss.Came third in the under sixteens league xc when I was younger.Training of course,didnt enjoy it because xc was for losers;) .

The only riding I have done lately is on my BMX at the skatepark when the kids are all in school and I should really be in College.

Its the only chance I get to ride BMX without embbaracing myself in front of 15 year old skater kids.:eek:

Always toying with idea of getting a road bike but I dont think Im old enough yet haha.

did you read that book "The Death of Marco Pantani"
Amazing.

Hey you didnt know John Mc Carthy from Kerry did you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back