CV advice (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
How have yiz explained away (if youve bothered trying to explain it away) extended periods of idleness on yr CV?

have you had to follow it up with inventive answers to tricky questions at interviews?

all replies will be read in confidentiality.
(everyone dont look at who has written what on this thread)

ok, so youre an aspiring porcine actress who's married to frog. what else have you done?

Miss Piggy said:
How have yiz explained away (if youve bothered trying to explain it away) extended periods of idleness on yr CV?

have you had to follow it up with inventive answers to tricky questions at interviews?

Miss Piggy said:

travelling
illness
studies
make up a job in a building that has closed down e.g. somewhere that went out of business

get inventive with start & end dates of jobs before and after the whitespace. in my experience if a company is going to check your references they very rarely cross check start & end dates of employment. so if you spent a year in the k-hole make your previous job last 6 months longer and your current one start 6 months earlier. if you do the sums, my cv says i have 35 years experience :D

Donkey OJ said:
get inventive with start & end dates of jobs before and after the whitespace. in my experience if a company is going to check your references they very rarely cross check start & end dates of employment. so if you spent a year in the k-hole make your previous job last 6 months longer and your current one start 6 months earlier. if you do the sums, my cv says i have 35 years experience :D

where's the k-hole?

miss piggy, you should just tell them that you wre working in a deserted village...

giveadogabone said:
where's the k-hole?

miss piggy, you should just tell them that you wre working in a deserted village...
the k-hole is the place you end up when you take ketamine = horse tranquiliser.

"Ketamine produces a dissociative state in a user. Effects can range from rapture to paranoia to boredom. The user feels its hallucinogenic effects and experiences impaired perception. Ketamine commonly elicits an out-of-body or near-death experience; it can render the user comatose."

thats as good an excuse as any for being out of the workforce for an extended period.

Feb2005-May2005 The K-Hole Cafe

i know this has nothing to do with this thread,but does anyone know how to start a thread PM me if you want to tell me

Donkey OJ said:
the k-hole is the place you end up when you take ketamine = horse tranquiliser.

"Ketamine produces a dissociative state in a user. Effects can range from rapture to paranoia to boredom. The user feels its hallucinogenic effects and experiences impaired perception. Ketamine commonly elicits an out-of-body or near-death experience; it can render the user comatose."

sounds like the time i got spiked with PCP.
Nasty.

Miss Piggy said:

I said i'd travelled extensively when i finished college. It seemed to wash.

During the same interview i made the mistake of saying that i'd also donw 7 or 8 interviews but had either done so in vain or simply not heard back. I was then asked with a sarky laugh 'well if no one else wants you why would we?...haha!'. haha indeed you fag. I was totally thrown by this. Didnt get the job.

I recommend you say you travelled for as long as is required and claim you've had interviews but you've felt the jobs havent been suitable.

Lefty Frizzell said:
I said i'd travelled extensively when i finished college. It seemed to wash.

During the same interview i made the mistake of saying that i'd also donw 7 or 8 interviews but had either done so in vain or simply not heard back. I was then asked with a sarky laugh 'well if no one else wants you why would we?...haha!'. haha indeed you fag. I was totally thrown by this. Didnt get the job.

I recommend you say you travelled for as long as is required and claim you've had interviews but you've felt the jobs havent been suitable.

thanks for all the advice! im using some of those suggestions already...

How about saying you are younger than you are? Just knock a couple of years off your life, flush them down the jacks. No-one need ever know and it will make you feel better too. You could have a grey beard to your belly, a walking stick in one hand, a colostomy bag in the other and still say you are 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back