CUT CHEMIST (J5) - live show at The Village - Sat 25th June (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com

CUT CHEMIST (Jurassic 5)

+

Tu-Ki & Scope (4 decks)

The Village, Wexford St. Ph: 01 475 8555

Sat 25th June. Doors 8pm

Tickets €22.50 from Sound Cellar, Road, City Discs and ticketmaster outlets nationwide. Local: 0818 719 300.

Cut Chemist is best known as the musical brains behind Los Angeles leading hiphop act – the ultra laid back Jurassic 5, whose massive cult following in Ireland has been proven with previous sell out shows.

Having first ventured into solo work with the Brainfreeze album he recorded and toured with DJ Shadow in 2003, Cut Chemist only previous solo show in Ireland was a DJ set at last year’s DJ at the Electric Picnic festival last summer. This time round; Cut Chemist is promoting his imminent solo album and will be bringing a live show – featuring drums, precussion, xylophone and a whole host of effects units… expect to be entertained!

Cut Chemist In The Studio Working on Debut Solo Album.

It’s about time this happened. Famed turntable wizard, purveyor of rare Funk 45s, and DJ to the stars (as well as to old school revivalists Jurassic 5 and Latin-Funk outfit Ozomatli) Cut Chemist is finally in the studio working on this debut record, due out this fall.

Entitled The Audiences’ Listening, thisis the album Cut Chemist always wanted to make, and now he finally has the chance to. Musically projecting his own personal tastes, the record jumps from Brazilian samba vibes to rock-influenced beats to Cut’s traditional funk fueled hip hop bangers, to even electro – yet maintains the sample driven, crate digging vibe that he’s become known for. “The album is hip hop in the sense that it’s cut‘n’paste, and there’s a lot of turntablist stuff on there,” says Cut Chemist. “You really get a feel of me going through records to put this together.”

Yet, you also get a feel of Cut Chemist going through worlds to put it together, with global influences culminated through his travels with J5, and while recording parts of the album with a group of musicians in Brazil. “It’s a little schizophrenic actually,” he says. ”Anywhere I go, I end up taking a piece back with me and incorporating it musically.”

The Audiences’ Listening also represents a significant change in production for Cut Chemist, as he’s moved on from the traditionalists MPC to a proper studio environment. “I used the Litmus Test (last year’s album of mash-ups, bootlegs, and remixes) as my teaching ground for this,” he says. “I was computer illiterate for a lot of years, and couldn’t really find anybody to help me, so I figured out slowly how to do certain things and just gradually taught myself the ins and outs.”

As heady as it might sound though, this is a record meant for the dance floor, with good times in mind. “There’s only one really slow song on the record. I just really wanted to have fun with this album,” he says. “I’m just doing what I want to do, like I’ve always done.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back