customs schmustums (1 Viewer)

eoinbox

i got a duty letter today for 128squids for music stuff i bought in the u.s a month ago. they only address they have is one for a place which is closing down really soon. realistically, how long am i gonna get away with this?

tell them you'd rather get an internal exam. 'sprrrrread 'em'

nah but seriously, im not sure how long it will be before they will track you down. was this stuff you had ordered over the internet?

La La said:
tell them you'd rather get an internal exam. 'sprrrrread 'em'

nah but seriously, im not sure how long it will be before they will track you down. was this stuff you had ordered over the internet?

ya, internet. could do without paying it for a while..andy, go and shite

eoinbox said:
i got a duty letter today for 128squids for music stuff i bought in the u.s a month ago. they only address they have is one for a place which is closing down really soon. realistically, how long am i gonna get away with this?

riiiiight. all i was asking was how long i could expect to get away with it. i knew it was coming, which is a shame, because i do so enjoy your dickhead repartee.

eoinbox said:
riiiiight. all i was asking was how long i could expect to get away with it. i knew it was coming, which is a shame, because i do so enjoy your dickhead repartee.

i have no experience in the area; i can only imagine if they do catch up with you you'll be looking at more than what you already owe. did it give you a date by which they expect you to pay?

La La said:
i have no experience in the area; i can only imagine if they do catch up with you you'll be looking at more than what you already owe. did it give you a date by which they expect you to pay?

they usually get you to pay when the gear turns up..haven't experienced this before, but Barry from Betamax has been stung on several occasions when buying guitars from the US. no way out of it, and it seems really weird as he's had to pay the delivery man cash when he turned up..and that was after a couple of weeks of him waiting around everyday while the guitar sat in some warehouse in dublin

if you got the delivery already i'd forget about it..fuck em

I'd try and get away with it for as long as possible. They're not really in a position to come and track you down. But don't listen to me, I'm not the best with financial affairs.

i did a brief post office stint at christmas, and people were expected to pay the customs before we handed over their parcels. lots of disgruntled people having to pay lots of money just so they could be given the presents from their mammies.

frolickingsheep said:
i did a brief post office stint at christmas, and people were expected to pay the customs before we handed over their parcels. lots of disgruntled people having to pay lots of money just so they could be given the presents from their mammies.

if you tell the delivery man you are going to kill him it'll be grand. just tell the police you were only joking afterwards

GORILLAMUNCH said:
i got stung for something called 'vat' the other week

VAT = Value Added Tax

You pay it, you get added value like an extra leg or ball.

You don't get it down south, I think it's a hun thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back